Sunday, May 6, 2012

Summer Mantel with Coastal Decor

Ever since we installed our pool last year I have added a little coastal decor to our traditional home in the summer months.  I know, I know, it's still officially Spring.  However, I call it Summer when we stay in the 90's!  I found this beautiful painting at an auction this weekend.  The colors are so pretty, not too bright, but enough to brighten my living room.
I used my two vases that I recently found at the local thrift store and used some tropical foliage from Hobby Lobby.  It is a little bare to me but I'm also used to filling the mantel up!!  I'm restraining myself from adding more.
Remember the cream lamp base I bought at the Trash to Treasure sale?  I bought it for $4 and this is what I had in store for it.  Hunter primed and painted it this pretty blue.  I purchased the lamp shade from Lowe's.  I thought about trimming the shade in some way but I decided to leave it plain.  I felt that a colored band would look a little too modern, a shell band would be just too coastal, and a rope band, which was my favorite, still didn't seem to work in my room, so I left it.
It adds a nice little pop of color on this table.
Thanks for stopping by.

Pin It

Sharing with:

Thrifty Treasures @ Southern Hospitality
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Masterpiece Monday @ Boogieboard Cottage
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm

7 comments:

  1. I'm in BR, and it IS summer! Love your mantel; I think spring and summer demand a sort of 'minimalist' approach! Load 'em up in the fall!
    Have a great Sunday!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy: Your mantle looks lovely, very beachie without being over the top, and I love the blue lamp..Happy Monday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the picture! The colors are so soft and beachy! I call it summer when the temps are in the 90's too! It has been summer here!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the mantel. You're right, when it hovers around 90 it is summer! I've switched my mantel too.

    Sharon @ mrs. hines class

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep switching around my mantel...I just can't help it! I love the simplicity of your summer mantel scape! Tranquil!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I had a mantel, but I plan on getting one just to stick on the wall...looking for an old wood piece with character. Nice to meet you and find you blog. I'm a new follower, and I would love if you stopped by, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im with you decorating for summer. Heck every where we see fall decor in August which is 4 or 5 weeks well before the autumn begins. So why not early for summer?
    Memorial day. Here is the start of the summer season and it is only 2 weeks away. I could take the summer all year long! Love your beach painting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~