Sunday, May 27, 2012

My Thrifty Treasures

I wanted to share a few of my recent finds that I'm excited about.  No, it doesn't take a lot to excite me! LOL!  I picked up a complete set of Interpur flatware for $6!  Of course, at the time I didn't know what they were.  The modern style intrigued me.  After a little research, I found out they are from the 1960's in a danish modern style.  One site said they were had rosewood handles, another just said synthetic. Awhile back, Apartment Therapy found a set and I learned some information from them as well.
Here is a closer look at the handles. I think they were a steal for $6!
This past weekend my husband and I dropped in at the Goodwill.  They had eight iced tea glasses for $3 each.  I was telling my husband that for Goodwill that was a little high for me.  Yeah, I'm cheap!  I thought, BUT wasn't sure, they were Noritake Sweet Swirl.  A sales lady overheard me talking to my husband and told me to ask the store manager it they would take less.  I thanked her nicely and said I might do that.  Before I made it down the next aisle the nice saleslady had flagged down the manager and told her I wanted to talk to her!  She kind of put me on the spot because I didn't think Goodwill would haggle over the price.  Well, the manager so she would go down to $19 for all eight, I came back and said what about $16, she came back at $18 and I said "Oh, you're good!"  So out of deep respect for my bartering adversary, I purchased 8 iced tea glasses for $18! 

Once I got them home, I found one that had the Noritake sticker still on it!  Whoopee! I got a good deal!  Thank you Ms. Goodwill Store Manager!

Before my husband and I got married, I almost choose the clear Sweet Swirl glasses for my everyday glassware.  Since I choose, the Mikasa Ultrastone Blue for my everyday china, I just went with Mason jar glasses.  The ultrastone blue is like a speckled blue and white design so the mason jars looked good with it.  So, it seems that life has some full circle, at least as far as Sweet Swirl is concerned!

Pin It

Sharing with:

Thrifty Treasures @ Southern Hospitality
Masterpiece Monday @ Boogieboard Cottage
Newbie Party @ Debbie Doos

3 comments:

  1. Both are fabulous finds. Love the flatware, how interesting to learn more about it. The glasses are perfect. Was just meant to be. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the flatware! I am always on the lookout for different styles to go along with my tablescapes. Those glasses are very pretty and good job at bartering!

    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Aledia @ Plum Perfect

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you love it when you get a good deal! And lucky you to find eight of those glasses. So many times glasses are donated because of an odd numbered set.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~