Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Cinco de Mayo

Wow!  I have worked rearranged this tablescape so many times!  and still am not completely satisfied but I gave up.  I wanted to incorporate three important pieces: the two sombreros and the maraca's but I also wanted to set the table on the patio.  The larger sombrero was just too big to use a centerpiece on this table.
The sombreros belong to my husband's uncle.  He travels quite a lot and let me borrow them for this tablescape.  The large one is from a recent trip but the smaller one is from a trip to Mexico in 1950. 
The maraca's were given to my mom when she was 13 years old.  They were a gift from her older sister.  She said they looked old when she received them but she's not sure of their age.  She received them in 1960.
I know you all probably recognize these.  Yep, placemats, plates and cactus glasses are from the Dollar Tree!  Margarita's anyone?
The acrylic flatware is from the Trash to Treasure sale a couple of years ago, as are the napkin rings.

Thank you for stopping by! 

Pin It

Sharing with:

What's it Wednesday @ Ivy and Elephants
Lets Dish @ Cuisine Kathleen 
Tablescape Thursday @ Between Naps on the Porch 
The Tablescaper @ Seasonal Sunday
Tabletop Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life
Seasonal Sunday @ The Tablescaper 
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground

12 comments:

  1. Your patio is so pretty, looks like a wonderful place to relax! The table looks great! Very festive!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Mexican table setting!!! Love that last picture...the hat, it is just perfect for my little vintage trailer! Love those colors. I have the Margarita glasses and the bowls to match those dishes....you can tell where I shop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely place to entertain Tammy! I bet you do enjoy your backyard. Enjoy your day, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I'll have a margarita...a PITCHER of them, please! :-) That's so cool that you have those vintage pieces to complement your table!!! The maracas are really cool...real old school, the best kind! Slick sombrero, too! I know how frustrating it can be to want to use something but it won't fit. Makes me wanna scream!!! Too bad you couldn't have elevated it in the center with a tall, skinny cactus or something. But it looks great on the chair as if someone in a mariachi band just took it off and rested it there! The combination of the maracas, peppers and miniature hat are terrific for the centerpiece!!! Te deseo un feliz Cinco de Mayo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great! I wonder if you could have hung the large sombrero upside down above the table? I think it looks great on the chair!
    Your centerpiece is perfect! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sombrero! Great table and love that you used such bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was perfect on the patio. What a great combination of yesterday's Mexican treasures and thrifty finds from the DT. I had seen those great cactus glasses. I'm so dippy that I never even thought to grab some up for a Cinco De Mayo table.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That just looks like the perfect spot to sit. I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tammy!

    I was just thinking that those Dollar Tree dishes would be great for this... however I haven't noticed the placemats at my local store and always passed on the cactus glassed. I bet they have a run on those after this post.

    That larger hat is so colorful and well, BIG... maybe you could wear it while serving you guest ;) That would really get the party of to a good start!

    Thanks for sharing at my party again this week!

    xoxo Bunny Jean
    Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sombrero is great! Very festive cinco table! Thanks for linking to Let's Dish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I guess the Margareta is a fave §;-) then when I had mine, I will say good night to all, *giggles

    Really a cutie post to honour Cinco de Mayo.

    Happy TS,
    /C

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~