Monday, July 21, 2014

Foyer Updates


Blue and White in the Foyer
 
Wow!  It’s been over 2 months since I last posted!  Time flies and even though I haven’t posted doesn’t mean that I haven’t made changes to our home!  The foyer got a few minor updates.  I added a few more blue and white pieces to the sideboard.  I added the rope ball for a touch of texture and to bring a little southern coastal style to this area.
 
Rosedown Plantation in the Foyer
 
I was so excited to purchased two of these trivets at the local auction for $2.50!  It features a local historical site called Rosedown Plantation.  To take a tour, click here. 
 
Foyer Updates
 
The boxwood wreath is originally from Target but I purchased it from Dirt Cheap for a couple of dollars.
 
Using baskets as storage in Foyer
 
The sideboard is the perfect size to store my crystal and silver punch bowls.  I purchased the basket from Marshall’s and it is the perfect spot for the white tablecloths.
 
Foyer Updates
 
The other size of our small foyer had me stumped for awhile.  It’s been changing for quite a few months but I think, for now at least, I am satisfied with it.
 
Foyer Updates
 
The pelican painting, which is our Louisiana state bird, was purchased from the local resale site.  The umbrella stand adds a pop of color that I love!  It’s perfect to hold our small but growing collection of canes.  I’ve been collecting for quite a few years but they were stored in the coat closet.  Now they are on display!
 
Umbrella stand for Cane Collection
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Sharing with:
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Show and Share Party @ Coastal Charm
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll thru Life
Open House @ No Minimalist Here
Tuesdays Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
The Scoop Link Party @ Confessions of a Plate Addict
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home
Be Inspired Friday @ Common Ground
 

12 comments:

  1. Hi Tammy! Gosh, I just love your entry foyer! My favorite piece is the small sideboard...is it an antique? I used to live near New Orleans when I was a stewardess back in the 1970's. I loved visiting the old plantations down there.
    I also looked back on older posts that you have done and am amazed with the transformation of your dining room. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words! The small sideboard is an antique and is the perfect size for our small foyer!

      Delete
  2. MIssed you Tammy, but glad your having a wonderful time for sure because indeed, time flew! Love all the changes dear and what a score on those trivets! Love the pelican as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the chest/mirror and how you have accessorized your foyer. So pretty and so inviting. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tammy, your foyer looks great! Love all of the blue and white pieces, on the silver, as well as your coastal touches. Everything looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your cane collection. My uncle used to have one. One of the canes was actually a sword. My boys loved that one! Your foyer looks great! Makes me want to change mine out. Another project to add to the list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely! I really like your cane collection and the container they're in. Your foyer looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your foyer looks just perfect! Those little spaces right inside the door can be so hard to decorate but they are important. Love that you made it pretty but incorporated storage. Smart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I couldn;t beleive it! We ahd a very similar buffet in the early days of our marriage! It looks beautiful there by the door. The cane collection plus holder is great in the corner. visiting from Kim's today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very pretty! You've done an awesome job in decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  10. P.S. Where did you find the lovely silver tray?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~