Monday, January 21, 2013

Old Tool Tote as Cutlery Holder


vintage tool tote as cutlery holder
 
I’ve been in Hunter’s barn…again!  This time I “borrowed” this little wooden tool tote.  He had a bigger one but wouldn’t let me take that one!  I applied a coat of chalk paint, almost dry brushing it one to allow some of the wood to show through.
 
old tool tote used as cutlery holder and is easy to decorate for different holidays
 
Since, it’s on the smaller side, I had to use jelly jars to hold the cutlery.  In keeping with Valentine’s Day, I inserted a solid pink and a floral napkin.  This is a great way to add, not only color, but prints for the different holidays/seasons. 
 
old tool tote into cutlery holder
 
I also used some Johnson Brothers plates to go along with the theme!  I got a whole set of 4 including a platter of $9.99 at Goodwill!  I saw the young man bringing them out the back and asked him to walk on up front for me to the register!  LOL!  They didn’t even make it to the shelf!
 
basket for cutting boards and utensils
 
While I was snapping pictures, I thought I’d show you my cutting boards.  I’ve been picking up some here and there and wanted to display them.  I came up with using a basket and also had enough space for crocks to hold the big utensils.  I would like a darker basket and will be keeping my eyes open for one at GW.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Sharing with:
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Tweak It Tuesday @ Cozy Little House
Cowgirl Up! @ The Farmhouse Porch
Tuesdays Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Tabletop Tuesday @ A Stroll thru Life
Tips, Tutorials,& Tidbits @ StoneGable
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Winter Party @ DIY By Design
Open House @ No Minimalist Here
 Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home
Overflowing with Creativity @ It's Overflowing
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

22 comments:

  1. Tammy I love this idea! I have something similar as well in the dining room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out lovely Tammy. Just perfect for holding flatware.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this! I have a similar tool box and those dishes! I may have to copy you! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea. I have a white tool box in the garage just waiting for something like this!I do like how you added the pretty plate as a backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your idea! Wish you were close by, I have a darker basket like that one!! Great ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great find on those plates, Tammy! I wish my Goodwill had a bit more in transferware. Love how you did up your tote.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why can't I find treasures like this at our Goodwill? Love the pretty napkin and so easily changeable for the seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your tool tote and the way you've decorated it. The dry brush paint was a great idea, and I cannot believe it - you stole those plates! What a great price. Your cutting boards look pretty displayed in the basket. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love anything in a tool box. This is a beautiful vignette.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your toolbox, it is so pretty and finding the set of dishes at that price is definitely a bargain. Love it. The cutting boards are displayed so beautifully too. Great vignettes. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this and the napkins are so pretty and I love the plate

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can put Old Britain Castles in anything and it will be beautiful! I have to get an old tool tote. They are so versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really cute -- I just pulled a metal tool tray out of the trash that my hubby threw away. Gasp, what was he thinking?? This is a cute use for these!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How lovely!!!

    I'd like to invite you to check out my thrifted link up!
    http://www.youngheartoldsoul.com

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your red transferware!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the little tool box decorated with valentine's pink! You lucky girl finding those plates at goodwill. I started a collection of Pink Castles a while back too, they are beautiful. Great way to display your cutting boards! Thanks for sharing. Visiting from Open House.......

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this .. Great job and very inviting .. Just love it all

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love, love this idea! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Tammy,
    Thanks for sharing this cute THRIFTY idea at my party this week.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the towel, very pretty and sets off your whole box. Don't you just love jelly jars!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~