Monday, January 6, 2014

New Ikea Sofa

 

IMG_3302

 

Ikea’s Ektorp sofa is the newest addition to the sunroom!  Since we live 5 hours from the closest Ikea, I ordered though Blue Bag in New Orleans.  They charged $100 for shipping versus $330 that Ikea was going to charge.  We still have a 2 hour drive to New Orleans but we just made a day of it and enjoyed ourselves!

 

IMG_3299

 

It came in two boxes and fit in the back of our extended Trailblazer.

 

IMG_3298

 

The sofa itself came in one big box.  You can see the seat cushions above and the cushions for the back were vacuum packed.  The slipcover came in a small box.  We had to assemble the sofa but it was super easy.  It took us about 20-30 minutes from start to finish including the slipcover.  I had read about others having a hard time getting them on but we didn’t have a problem at all.

 

IMG_3300

 

On the way home, we stopped at Pottery Barn and cashed in my gift cards from Christmas!  I chose the ticking stripe and Inspire pillows.

 

IMG_3304

 

A couple of months I found this knitted throw at Dirt Cheap.  Instead of paying about $80 at Pottery Barn, I paid $5!

 

IMG_3303

 

The Inspire pillow is prettier that it looks on the website.  The website picture didn’t clearly show the different blues used in the writing.

 

IMG_3305

 

Did I mention that I LOVE my new sofa?  I do and the price was fantastic!  I’m just hoping that it holds up well.  I’ll keep you posted!

 

Sharing with:

Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm

Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll thru Life

Open House @ No Minimalist Here

Tuesdays Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style

The Scoop Link Party @ Confessions of a Plate Addict

Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home

Be Inspired Friday @ Common Ground

Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

14 comments:

  1. Looks perfect there Tammy, and glad you got some savings on shipping! One time I ordered something from IKEA for a missing part on our cabinet, the shipping cost more than the item itself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had mine since spring and it is holding up just great. I haven't had to wash the slipcovers yet~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it is stunning and I love your pillows, they are fantastic. I hear great things about this sofa, so I think it will hold up really well. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it's right out of a catalog! I love those Ikea couches and the Inspire pillow is perfect there. The pillow seems so much larger than it looks in the catalog - which is a bonus in my book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks fabulous. I love it with the Pottery Barn pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new couch looks great!! love the pillows… would like to invite you to come share it over at http://www.onemoretimeevents.com/2014/01/transforming-christmas-into-valentines.html Hope to see you there… Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that sofa as well! Please do keep us posted on how it holds up. We are not far from Ikea in Round Rock, TX, so I could get there easily. I have been looking at the Ektorp for our music/living room. It doesn't get a huge amount of use, but I would want it to be comfortable. That room is my hiding place :^) I also hold choir rehersals there several times a year.
    Love your blog!!!
    Blessings,
    J

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow how beautiful this looks. I love the pillows. I have never been to Ikea since it is far but one is somewhat closer so we may make the trip.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! We bought an Ektorp on Craigslist, and even though it was a few years old it's in great shape. I think you'll be happy with how it holds up!! I can't wait to get to our Ikea (Dallas) and get a sparkling new white slipcover like yours! Great inspiration :)
    xo Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a white Ektorp as well! I LOVE it! Your pillows are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. it's so fun to get
    some new furniture

    we love our Ektorp sofas
    and have had them for 11 years

    we've gone through
    several sets of slipcovers
    which makes it feel like getting
    new pieces altogether

    i love the way you've styled it
    with the striped pillows too

    would love for you to share
    at Fridays Unfolded this week!

    Alison
    Nancherrow

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tammy, We plan on buying the same sofa! I love the look and that you can wash the slipcover is fabulous. Your new pillow is cute too. Thanks for joining the Open House party.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~