Sunday, November 17, 2013

From Screen Door to Interior Door


closet in sunroom
 
 
Last year when we decided to close in the screened porch to make a sunroom, I knew I wanted a closet in the room.  There was about a four foot recessed area that didn’t get much use after we added the fireplace to the living room that would be perfect.
 
 
displaying vintage items
 
 
I got the inspiration from Pinterest to drop the top of the closet so I could display some vintage fans.
 
 
screen door on the closet
 
 
The screen porch had 3 doors that my husband made.  I put two in the antique booth to use as display and the other one is being used as the closet door.  It really wasn’t the door that I liked as much as the iron hardware!
 
 
iron trim for screen doors
 
 
Hunter found some original screen door hardware in the diary barn but we didn’t have enough for all 3 doors.  It’s been quite a few years but I think I found the corner brackets on eBay.  The know is from Hobby Lobby.
 
 
closet with screen door
 
 
To keep from seeing the inside of the closet, which may be messy at times, I lined the inside with burlap.
 
 
using a screen door as a closet door
 
 
I did it the quick and easy way!  I pulled it tight and stapled it the frame covered the screen and hardware cloth.
 
 
putting burlap on a screen door
 
 
I then trimmed it off very neatly!
 
 
screen door on the closet
 
 
I am so happy with my closet!  I love storage of any kind and the fact that I was able to keep a screen door makes it all the more special!
 
 
Sharing with:
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll thru Life
Open House @ No Minimalist Here
Tuesdays Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
The Scoop Link Party @ Confessions of a Plate Addict
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home
Be Inspired Friday @ Common Ground
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Fabulously Creative Party @ Jennifer Rizzo
 

12 comments:

  1. How cute! You thought ahead and made some great decisions. A screen door on my pantry is on my list for the future too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy, I love your screen door! The burlap is a great solution and the hardware is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a screen door on a closet as well... although I try to keep it neat and tidy with bins and such... it's not always up to par. The burlap idea is great and I think I see a little project in my future!
    ~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. How neat,,,love screen doors, I remember us having one when I was little. Yours turned out so nice love the burlap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tammy! Oh, what a wonderful idea and how nice you could use the olden screen door and the hardware is so lovely! Love your use of burlap and the little top to decorate on.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I absolutely love this. What a fabulous idea and it looks bo pretty too. Hugs, marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous idea Tammy! Love it! you know what they say ' You can never have too much storage' and a pretty storage is even way better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi lovely lady.
    This was a great Idea for the door. You did a beautiful job putting this together. Hoping you are having a wonderful week with family.
    xxoo
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cool and I love the hardware. Using the burlap was such a great idea! Love the repurpose and the way this turned out!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tammy this is genius. I love this. You know me and doors and this one is so fabulous. Great job love it.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~