Sunday, January 6, 2013

A Look Ahead to 2013

I told myself that I was going to have get better organized and plan my post in advance.  Well, it's now January 7th and I didn't have a thing ready!  It's been kind of busy around here.  Besides the obvious of getting all the decorations down, Santa gave me a dslr camera for Christmas and I still can't operate it!  I can turn it on but that's about it!  Since I don't have any projects completed....or started for that matter, I thought I would share some future projects that I plan on getting done this year.
 
First of all, I have to get my house ORGANIZED and keep it that way!  Thanks to Pinterest there are all kinds of inspiration and I plan on taking advantage of some of them!  I keep forgetting what I have and when I do remember having something, I can't remember where I stored it! It's getting quite aggravating and I'm planning on doing something about it!
 
The newly decorated office will provide some additional storage.  You can see the office by clicking here.
 
 
I can't even show you the closet under the stairs!  It is horrible!  I should have a sign saying "Open at Your Own Risk!"  It's possible that when opened, something will fall out!...that's how bad it is!

 

 
Awhile back, I shared some pictures of how church pews are being re purposed.  I've always wanted one but didn't have anywhere to put it.  Since, I couldn't squeeze it inside, it's going on the side porch!  To see the post on church pews, click here.  To see the side porch decked out for the 4th of July, click here.  Before I can share it with you, it has to be painted and I haven't made up my mind what color to use.
 
Miss Mustard Seed
I have fell in love with all the beautiful vintage signs that are being made out there in blog land.  I plan on using Miss Mustard Seed's fabulous tutorial in making one to go above the church pew.
 
Source
 
The major project for 2013 is the sun room.  We are, well have, closed in the screened porch with windows.  The walls have been closed in and the fireplace insert has been set in place.  To see the screened porch before, click here.  To see my inspiration at Pinterest, click here.
 
Once the room gets completed, there will be a ton of projects to do!  One involves a piece that lots a lot like this...
 
Source
 
Isn't it gorgeous?  I came across this on Pinterest and it reminded me of something in the barn that we salvaged from a house fire.  You can see the bench in this post.  I am rearing to go with this project but I must restrain myself.  If I completed it now, I wouldn't have anywhere to put it!
 
What are your projects for the new year?  Thanks for stopping by!
 
Sharing with:

Overflowing with Creativity @ It's Overflowing
Seasonal Sundays @ The Tablescaper
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
 
 

6 comments:

  1. We bought a DSLR back last spring and I am still trying to figure it out LOL.I want to take a photography class soon!Oh you are so lucky to have a sun porch!That is on my someday list!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a coincidence. I have been looking for daybeds on line and I like that green one. I wish I could find something like it...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are going to be extremely busy! I haven't planned anything. I am thinking of some small projects to do for valentine's decor. Will share them soon. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tammy, I'm thinking we have twin closets! My main problem with that one that bugs me the most is that I have neatly arranged it with a metal shelf inside and yet I have continued to add "stuff" to the closet. I'm past the point of being able to make it work well. So, on my list is to get rid of or relocate the things that try to fall out. Thanks, Tammy for this post. You made me feel "normal." Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you have a great plan, Tammy! I know you will get it all done. I don't even want to talk about the closets. LOL Working on it! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to add a fireplace to our porch! What a great idea!

    Thanks so much for inspiring me today!

    Have a blessed and wonderful day!
    karianne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~