Monday, May 21, 2012

Church Pews in the Home

Source
I love to see a repurposed church pew!  The one above would be in an entry hall or mudroom area.  I love the family photos and coat hooks above it.

There are quite a quite homes in our area that have them. A week or so ago, on my posted entitled "Courtyard Oasis," there was a church pew on the porch.
Source
Baskets underneath are good for storage!
Source
Love the paint on this one! Vintage suitcases are another option for storage.
Source
This nice long foyer is an excellent spot for this church pew.  I love the art gallery wall over it!
Source
How about the kitchen?
Source
This one is so shabby chic cottage style!
Source
And here's one for the bedroom!
Source
This is a really unique way to use a church pew, make a headboard out of it.

Yes, I'm working on a project with Hunter involving a church pew.  I have always loved them but never had anywhere to put one.  A couple of weeks ago, I saw one from a fellow blogger that gave me an idea but I'll wait to share that one when I reveal mine.

Pictures above are via Pinterest.  I tried to find the original sources but could not.  If one of these beautiful pictures belong to you, please let me know and I will promptly give you credit!

Pin It

Sharing with:

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Tuesdays Treasures @ Myuncommon Slice of Suburbia  
Tuesday  Your Cozy Home Party @ Cozy Home Scenes
Swing into Spring Party @ DIY by Design
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
White Wednesday @ Faded Charm Cottage
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground

14 comments:

  1. Dear Tammy!!!! Your Hunter is such a treasure to have around!!!
    I can't wait to see your project!!
    I also LOVE church pews but don't have the space... but also never found an affordable one!
    I have seen too long and too expensive ones.
    Cheers,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tammy. Church pews are wonderful decorating items. We had one for many years in our entry where we used to live, now our daughter and her family live in that house and still have the church pew..Hope you are having a wonderful Monday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Church pews are a great way to add charm to your home. I love all the pics above and I can't wait to see your reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have long been a fan of Church Pews. They make such a statement...well actually I love almost anything that has been repurposed....Salvaged....Transformed...I could go on & on. I am your newest follower and would love it if you would follow me back. Thanks, Sherron

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tammy, I've often thought about where I'd put a church pew. I really would love one on my screened-in porch...hmmm. Thanks for sharing, Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. The day I found mine (at a great price) I was so excited. It was painted white and a little chippy with some pretty architectural elements on it. It's in our foyer and I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these pew ideas, Tammy! I have one that was given to me by some elderly friends. It's a vintage original from a church built in 1930 in Chicago. I got tired of the dark brown oak color, and since the husband didn't want me to slap any white or gray paint on it, I covered it with a loveseat slipcover and added a long ruffled seat cushion to it. :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tammy...I can't wait to see what you've come up with. Mom and I recently found a church pew in an antique store. We liked it, but didn't buy it. Like you, we didn't think we had a place for it. Maybe you'll inspire us to figure out what to do with one. Thanks for sharing this post at Your Cozy Home Party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love church pews as well! My mom has one on her lovely porch. I wish I could get one but don't have the space.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for all your lovely comments! I enjoyed reading each and every one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love church pews too...actually have one and will be painting it this summer and this is giving me a push.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Tammy - I saw this on Faded Charm and I had to click on it. I have a church pew from an old Connecticut church that was razed - and apparently (so said the seller at his garage sale), the conductor from the old Tonight Show (Skitch Henderson) owned it. It's on my front porch and I don't know whether to paint it or not (very undecided!!!). I know I could make it really beautiful with some Chalk Paint. It's a bit dull looking - but it's pretty darn old. Before I decide, I probably will dress it up and post it as a blog post - and see if I can get some suggestions from my readers!

    I also have an old train station bench from Chicago. I painted this (more out of necessity because I needed seating for a wedding shower a few years ago - and it had to go with all of my furnishings on my back deck). But - that could use an updated finish as well.

    Thanks for posting this to remind me I need to do something with my own treasures!!

    Linda

    http://www.studioofdecorativearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Church pews are not merely for church uses. It can be dazzling home furniture, too. It’s sleek and linear line, looks stunning when tacked along the wall. You had that perfect idea of painting it with color, Tammy! It will look good anywhere in the house. Just add some decorative touches on it and it is good to go.

    Earnestine Kettering

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~