Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Vintage Charm

Today, we're on the screened porch since my husband has decided to dig up the waterfall in the backyard to make it bigger!  I didn't want all his stuff in the background of my pictures.
The table is draped with a burlap colored tablecloth and layered with a vintage topper that my mom recently gave me.
The colors of the topper are muted but I decided to bump it up a little by incorporating a littler brighter dishware.  The bright yellow dinner plate ($ Tree) is topped with a cream salad plate (BHG). 
The silverplated utensil napkin rings (Pier One) are holding gray/white floral napkins (Target). The green bowls ($ Tree) bring out the color of the leaves. The acrylic flatware is a find from the Trash to Treasure Sale.
The vintage iced tea glasses are the candlewick pattern.  The wine glasses are Mikasa "The Ritz."
        Red roses as a centerpiece.
Thanks for stopping by!

Sharing with:
Centerpiece Wednesday @ The Style Sisters
Lets Dish @ Cuisine Kathleen 
Tablescape Thursday @ Between Naps on the Porch  
Tabletop Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life
Home Sweet Home Friday @ The Charm of Home 
Inspiration Friday at the picket fence 
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground 

13 comments:

  1. Oh what a beautiful tablescape. Your roses match the ones on the tablecoth, so beautiful and the touch of green is so pretty too. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job of bumpin' it up a notch on the color scale, Tammy! So wait....he's going to rip up the whole thing and then rebuild it??!?!! Wow...that is a very ambitious project!!! If he has any extra energy left over when he's through, please send him here to work on some features in my back yard! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the vintage topper and the trash to treasure sale flatware. You set a beautiful table! Thanks for stopping by to comment at Quirky Vistas. I so appreciate it. So your son used one of these metal cabinets as a dresser? Does that mean I can keep mine inside? Please tell my daughter for me. She thinks it should be banished to the garage storage area. Ha!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roses - specifically deep crimson roses - are my favourite flower of all time, so you can imagine how much I adore this absolutely beautiful vintage table. Splendidly lovely work!

    Thank you very much for your comment on my vintage banana cookie recipe post today, dear lady, I really appreciate it and hope your cookies turn out awesomely.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tammy, I checked out that post and you're right, mine is much like that without legs. I do have a tall metal and glass medical cabinet (way cool!) from the 60's. I'm going to post it sometime soon. It was fun to see what someone else did with their little cabinet like mine. It looked though like she took off the formica and the metal strip. I couldn't do that! I love that part of mine.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty! I love the tablecloth. My backyard could use a fountain -- does he give lessons to other husbands?

    Now following.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute spot and that table topper is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely! I love the vintage rose table topper and you certainly added a nice punch of color with those green and yellow dishes. Love the napkins and the candlewick glasses!

    Have a wonderful evening!
    Aledia @ Plum Perfect

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty table. Your vintage table topper is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That topper is great with the red roses as the centerpiece! Love the glassware and what cute napkin rings! Thanks for linking to Let's Dish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the vintage topper, and the colors you used are great! I really love those napkins, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These kind of post is always inspiring and I can't get over your wonderful tablescape so am just simply filling some encouraging support from me! I appreciate your wonderful ideas and wish you a good continuation.

    Have a nice day!

    Polyester Chair Covers

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful table. I love the vintage tablecoth!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~