Monday, May 21, 2012

DIY Rope Plate Chargers

Just wanted to share a quick project with you!  Awhile back, we purchased a piece of 1/4 luan plywood which costs about $18 a sheet.  I've made quite a few projects out of that sheet and still have some left.  I made the shell plate chargers, the PB inspired beverage dispenser tags, the back porch art and now square plate chargers.
We started by cutting out 14 inch squares, which were too big.  Hunter cut them down to 12 inch for me.
After painting the squares white, I starting hot gluing the rope around the edge.  I purchased 3/8 inch sisal rope from Home Depot.
I made another little goof up here.  I should have cut the corners off the square BEFORE I starting applying the rope but we cut if off afterwards.  I started on the outer edge and worked my way in.  I used a square plate to help determine how many rounds of rope I should have.

Here's a lot at them on last week's tablescape.  So using one piece of plywood, I've completed quite a few projects and I still have some left!  Mmm, what to make now?

Pin It

Sharing with:

Metamorphisis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Masterpiece Monday @ Boogieboard Cottage 
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Tuesdays Treasures @ Myuncommon Slice of Suburbia  
Your Cozy Home Party @ Cozy Home Scenes 
Weekend Craft Soiree @ Homemaker in Heels
White Wednesday @ Faded Charm Cottage
Addicts (not so) Anonymous @ Addicted 2 Decorating

12 comments:

  1. I love the texture...those would be so fun for a cowboy themed party! Stopping by from the Networking Blog Hop...I am your newest follower! I would love if you would check out my blog and if you like what you see please follow back :)
    Modern Modest Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love me some southern style! I am visiting from Thee Blog Hop and I am a new follower! I hope you will stop by http://www.garagesalesrus.blogspot.com/ and do the same.

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! Your chargers look wonderful on your tablescape. Stopping by from Metamorphosis Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an awesome idea and one that I'm definitely going to pin! Could you explain what you mean by cutting the corners off?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely chargers and blog! Thanks so much for stopping by and for following my blog. I"m now following you, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great! I am so loving sisal right now, it's classic,fresh, and charming. Your latest follower, here from BNOTP. Tanya :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tammy, these are awesome and they look fantastic on your table!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute looking! It is perfect for the Summer months ahead, adds texture and interest! Thanks for sharing with the newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all the comments! I've enjoyed reading each and everyone of them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love chargers and this is a unique take on the ususal. I would love it if you would share on my linky party Tout It Tuesday. http://www.claimingourspace.com/2012/05/tout-it-tuesday-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH boy do I love your chargers. Do you sell any of your wonderful projects? You do such a great job, love the variety of projects you make.
    I've been on your blog for almost an hour and keep finding posts I want to save so I can print out when I get money for ink.
    (We have several 5 weeks months to live thru this year, aaaagggghhhhh. SS is not the easiest income to try to live on let alone craft on.) I still find it ridiculous how expensive ink cartridges are. I go thru them alot as I find so many incredible projects I want to make. I have notebooks with projects in them.
    Great blog and I'm a new subscriber thru From my front porch to yours blog party.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~