Monday, May 28, 2012

Summer Mantel with Coastal Charm


You know I couldn't leave it alone, right?  I mean, it just wasn't me!  Yeah, I'm talking about my summer mantel.  I didn't want fill it up too much but it was just too bare.


I didn't go too overboard, I only added 2 jars of some sand, shells, and sea glass.  I picked some up from Pottery Barn.  I just loved the pretty shades of blue.


The sand and blue glass picks up on the colors of the painting.


I am still so in love with this painting that I got from the auction.  It was well worth $32!


That bag of play sand I got from Home Depot has come in handy.


What do you think?  Maybe it needs a little more tweaking?

Sharing with:

Show Us Your Life  @ Kellys Korner
Summer Mantel Party @ The Lettered Cottage
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Cowgirl Up Party @ Cedar Hill Ranch
Wed Open House Party @ No Minimalist Here 
Home & Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life   
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage 
Thursdays Favorite Things @ Katherine's Corner  
Thrifty Things Thursday @ The Thrifty Grove    
Thrifty Thursday @ Tales From Bloggeritaville 
Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch To Yours

8 comments:

  1. Hi Tammy: I think it's very pretty. Reminds me of my roots..Happy Monday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure like the idea of a summer beachy mantel and yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just right! Love the soft colors.

    Cathy's Cupboard Calamity

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Tammy!! The picture is just lovely, I can see why you love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mantel looks good to me with the recent additions. Welcoming and breezy for the next few months!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you pulled colors from the painting. I'm always impressed with people who change things for the seasons. Maybe because we don't have noticeable seasons here, I don't think to do that. Either that, or I find something I like and don't want to mess with it. Hard for me to change some things. Bravo to you!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love anything beachy and this is wonderful. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop Hugs and wishes for a beautiful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~