Sunday, May 13, 2012

Wexford Glassware

I hope everyone had a Happy Mother's Day!  My son, who is also a collector of vintage items, gave me this Wexford pitcher for Mother's Day.  He purchased it at an auction last week.  I've collected quite a few pieces over the years, mostly from yard sales.
I have four beverage glasses that go well with the pitcher. 
I also have 4 of the beverage glasses with handles.  Notice how the handles match that of the pitcher?
According to information I found on the internet, Wexford was first produced in 1967. The production continued well into the 80s, with some pieces still being produced in the early 2000s.  I was surprised when I read this because I thought it was produced much earlier than this.   
It is one of the popular collectibles. Prices are still low with good supply at this time.
For a good look at most of the pieces and realistic values, get the book Fire King and More by Gene Florence. Note that Wexford is NOT in the Fire King line, thus the "More" in the title. more
Pin It

Sharing with:
Thrify Treasures @ Southern Hospitality

4 comments:

  1. Hi Tammy,
    You have quite a collection of the Wexford glasses, and how wonderful that you received a pitcher as a Mother's Day gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thoughtful son you have!! I like this pattern too, I have a few of the glasses, have never seen the pitcher, it is lovely. Learned some things that I did not know about Wexford. Like you I thought that it was produced earlies than 1967. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the glassware! Great Mother's Day gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need some basic knowledge to differentiate antique glassware from the imitation. There are many fakes being made and put on the market to sell to those who don't have the expertise in recognizing a fake.

    Glass Coasters

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~