Tuesday, May 8, 2012

For My Mom With Love

My mother has always been a great role model for me.  Now, looking back at those torturous teenage years, I know my mom loved me and only wanted what was best for me.  (My dad always said we were too much alike!)  As I left those years and moved into adulthood, she became my best friend.  I am setting this table for her.
My inspiration was the tablecloth.  It belonged to her mother.  My mom remembers that she used this tablecloth a lot.  Red was her favorite color.
As a centerpiece, I used a wexford bowl that my aunt gave to me several years ago.  I had always admired wexford bowls.  My mom had a larger one that was given to her by another sister.  A couple of years ago this bowl was passed along to my cousin.  She really did not have a lot of things that had belonged to her mom because at one point before her mother passed away, her home burnt down, losing a lot of precious memories.  So my mom gave her this bowl in memory of her mother.
Since the roses in the tablecloth had a touch of orange, I used my orange plates ($ Tree), cream salad plate (BHG) and green bowl ($ Tree).  The lattice work napkins were from a thrift store.
Rogers silverplate, First Love pattern (ebay)
I used fresh magnolias, begonias, and asparagus fern in the floral arrangement.  All were cut from the yard.  I was planning to use tiger lilies but they haven't fully opened yet.
The hydrangeas are starting to bloom! They are one of my favorites!
Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It


Sharing with:

Lets Dish @ Cuisine Kathleen
Tablescape Thursday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Seasonal Sunday @ The Tablescaper
Tabletop Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Open House Party @ No Minimalist Here
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Thrifty Things Thursday @ The Thrifty Grove
ThrifyTreasures @ Southern Hospitality

18 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, Tammy! I especially love that tablecloth! Happy Mother's Day!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy: Your table setting is beautiful. I love that tablecloth..Happy Mother's Day..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tablescape is wonderful, Tammy! So nice to have things that have special meaning to you. You did a beautiful job of pulling it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The table is so pretty Tammy!! Love the tablecloth!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful table! What a wonderful tribute to your mother!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tablecloth, your table is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this color combination! What a lovely outdoor setting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there, Tammy! It is just wonderful that your Mom was so generous as to pass that bowl on to your cousin. A fire (or flood or tornado or whatever disaster) is a devastating thing. I don't think we think about it until it's too late sometimes. Everything we know, everything from our past is just gone in the blink of an eye. The bowl we admire but sort of take for granted today can be gone tomorrow and missed like crazy because of what it represented. It is very apparent that you aren't taking anything for granted as evidenced by the use of your Mom's red floral tablecloth. I think our parents enjoy seeing us enjoy the things they did. You did it great justice with your tablesetting. (I see you and I used the same cool Dollar Tree plates this week!) Have a Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely table! That overhead shot is just spectacular! I love the orange and green together -- wonderful contrast!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! Love the orange, (the color of the moment) and green together, what a great combo that is. I'm loving the red floral tablecloth too and the bowl, well, that is fabulous, so lucky you could recuperated it! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the tablecloth and the story about your mother's generosity! Beautiful table - love the tall tapers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the tablecloth and the story about your mother's generosity! Beautiful table - love the tall tapers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love hydrangeas and magnolias. Everything looks beautiful. Have a Happy Mothers Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tammy, this is such a beautiful table! The tablecloth is is perfect! Everything looks lovely. I am sure your mom would love this table! Thank you for joining TTF this week and I hope you have a wonderful weekend and a very happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that tablecloth and would never have thought to pull out the orange. You did a great job!
    I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day, and thanks for linking to Let's Dish!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous...love the orange and lime! Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your tablescape is truly beautiful. I love the tablecloth, the fabulous colors and all of the dishes and accessories you used. Lovely. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~