Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Queso Dip and Toasted Toritillas

For Cinco de Mayo, I thought I would share a super easy appetizer, Queso Dip. I lost my recipe for it but I recently saw one at Cheerios and Lattes.  Her recipe is excellent and is a little spicier than mine.  It's really similar to the one served at Chili's.  I'm referring everyone to her site from the recipe.  I'll share a few extra things that I do.  In addition to the regular ingredients, I brown a little extra ground meat to add to the recipe. 
  
I purchase the bagged tortilla chips but I take a little extra step with them.  I put them on a cookie sheet, spray with with olive oil and toast them briefly in the oven.
I serve it up in my little 6 inch cast iron skillets.  I have several of them and they are good to use to hold hot dips.

Thanks for stopping by.

Pin It

Sharing with:

 Show Us Your Life @ Kelly's Korner
Show Your Stuff @ Just Winging It
Foody Friday @ Designs by Gollum

2 comments:

  1. Love that you use those little skillets to serve; I don't know why I've never thought of that! Will have to try it!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We make queso a lot out here in West Texas...your recipe sounds wonderful. I never thought about adding the extra touch to the chips...will sure do that next time.
    Over from FF....
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~