Wednesday, January 30, 2013

My Lil Buckaroo


cowboy boots as centerpiece
 
Last week we celebrated Hunter’s 18th birthday.  To see his birthday post, click here.  I wanted to do the table in a way that would reflect some of his childhood memories.  I went into the attic and pulled out his first cowboy boots!  I knew exactly what I wanted to do with them!  The vase that I put inside the boot actually helped it to stand up straight!
 
western cowboy themed tablescape
 
I bought this gun holster for him when he was about 2 years old.  His name is engraved in the leather.
 
western cowboy themed tablescape
 
I used open mouth canning jars as candle holders.  I inserted a picture that would go along with the theme.  The outside of the jar is wrapped in wire with little stars.  I did drop a votive holder inside the jar to keep the candle from damaging the picture.
 
western cowboy themed tablescape
 
I just bought the runner from PB a couple of weeks ago.  It was on clearance for $15!!!  I think it was originally $60.  It worked out perfectly for this table.
 
western cowboy themed tablescape
 
Rattan chargers were topped with white ironstone chargers.  The golden yellow and deep red plates bring out the beautiful colors of the runner.
 
western cowboy themed tablescape
 
Remember my DIY napkin rings?  To see how I made these, click here.  The napkins were also on clearance at PB for $11 for 4!  I don’t get there often but when I do go, I head straight for the sale section!
 
western cowboy themed tablescape
 
cowboy western themed tablescape
 
The blue glass is Moonstone by Fostoria and the iced tea is by Gorham.
 
western cowboy themed tablescape
 
An old rope was coiled around the runner to fill in the empty spaces.
 
western cowboy themed tablescape
 
My lil buckaroo is a young man now!  A young man that I am proud to call my son!
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Sharing with:
Centerpiece Wednesday @ The Style Sisters
Let’s Dish @ Cuisine Kathleen
Tablescape Tuesday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Seasonal Sundays @ The Tablescaper
Tabletop Tuesday @ A Stroll thru Life
Before & After Party @ Thrifty Decor Chick

18 comments:

  1. Oh, this just melts my heart. Such a precious post with things from his childhood. Happy Birthday to your son. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tammy! This is so sweet! Love the boots and Ye Haw!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful table...I just love how you ran the rope throughout the table...great idea...Happy Birthday to your son!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great table.. I have our first boots out on display still! Happy Birthday to your guy! The table looks fabulous and the finds are really wonderful! xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great table for a guy's birthday...love the colors you have chosen, Tammy. Thanks for sharing Hunter's milestone birthday with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww what a sweet table for your fella. I love your attention to detail. You found some good buys at PB.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tammy, this is soooooo sweet! I'm missing my "baby" boy too. He just turned 21. I think it's hard to do a good man's table--no frou frou or pink or even flowers. All your elements are great, from the boots to the rope to the Indian napkin rings. I used Will's boots once on a Mexican style table and they work very well for that look. Happy B'day to your son. I'm sure you remember exactly what you were doing when he was born! :) Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a wonderful table setting!!! Those cowboy boots are just precious! This wil beoneof my favorite posts that you have done!! Love everything about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute idea! I love the western theme using some of his items from years ago. I have a 19 yr old son myself. Hope your son had a nice birthday. He can vote now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute! Wonderful table!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Tammmy...this is so sweet! You put a lot of thought and effort into this!!!!!! From the centerpiece (great idea to crop that vase down in there for stabilization!), to the candle holders with his little photos (that cowboy hat with the diaper is classic!), to the great combination of colors and textures & pattern on the table...this rocks! Happy Belated Birthday to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How adorable I wish I had a lil buckeroo or buckerette to design for,,,,, thank you for your kind comments on my page and have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tammy, this is one of the cutest birthday tables I have seen in a long time. I love the fact that he's 18 and the cowboy theme is still suitable! You did a fabulous job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful tablescape! I love the idea of using boots and burlap for a centerpiece. And you're right - that runner is perfect for this table.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday to your son! 18 is a big year.
    The colors of the table are perfect, and the candles in the canning jars are inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your tablescape for the birthday guy! The buckaroo theme is wonderful and I know brought back great memories. The boots, gun and holster add so much to your theme. Being 18 is a special birthday and glad you had a great party! Thanks for sharing!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is absolutely adorable. It's so hard to do something special for them as they get older, but clearly you've outdone yourself!

    Wonderful to have you at Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is precious! I guess they are always our little buckaroos! Mine is 39 with 5 little ones, but still my little guy, at 6'3" :)

    Thanks so much for linking to Let's Dish

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~