A couple of weeks ago, in a tablescape post, I mentioned that I made some delicious biscuits that tasted just like Cracker Barrels.
They are so delicious and easy to make, especially topped with blackberry jam! Here’s the recipe:
CRACKER BARREL OLD COUNTRY STORE BISCUITS
- 2 1/4 cups Bisquick
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- melted butter, for brushing
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Mix the Bisquick, buttermilk and sugar together in a bowl.
- Add the melted butter into the batter.
- Stir until a soft dough forms.
- Turn out onto a well floured work surface.
- Knead 20 times (this is a very forgiving dough), and don't be afraid to get additional flour into the dough.
- Roll 1/2 thick, or thicker if you prefer towering biscuits.
- Place close together on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Brush tops with melted butter.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. I found that it actually took a little longer when baking in a cast iron skillet.
Thanks for stopping by!
Full Plate Thursday @ Miz Helen’s Country Cottage
Foody Friday @ Designs by Gollum
On the Menu Monday @ StoneGable
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junky Interiors
Back for Seconds Social @ Back for Seconds