Thursday, January 10, 2013

A Plaid Winter Table


A Walk in the Countryside: Winter tablescape with plaid blanket
I think we’re about to float away down here in Louisiana!  It seems like it has been raining for weeks!  I wanted some branches for a centerpiece but it was just to wet to get outside!
A Walk in the Countryside: Winter Plaid Tablescape
I draped the table in this beautiful wool throw that I found at Goodwill.  I love the blue and green plaid.  The label on it says it was made in Scotland. I haven’t got to use it a lot because it makes you warm and toasty quick and down here in Louisiana, it just doesn’t get that cold.
A Walk in the Countryside: Winter Tablescape
I was also happy to be able to use my new napkins from Pottery Barn!  They were marked down last week to $11 for a pack of 4!  I picked up some additional things but wished I could have gotten more!
a walk in the countryside: winter table using plaid blanket
I really stacked the dishes this week!  Starting with rattan chargers (Wal-Mart), white ironstone chargers (Homer Laughlin), green leaf majolica plates, blue speckled salad plates (Mikasa Ultra stone Blue) and white ironstone bowls (Buffalo China).  The chargers brought a different texture to the table while the white dishes lightened it up!
A Walk in the countryside: winter tablescape using plaid blankets
The little covered dishes are from Hobby Lobby. They were actually part of their Christmas décor and I got them for a $1.10 each….I wish they would have had more!
A Walk in the Countryside: Winter Tablescape with Plaid wool blanket
Wexford glasses….
a walk in the countryside: winter tablescape using plaid blanket
with dark green wine glasses.
a walk in the countryside: winter table with plaid throw
The bottle trees are from last year’s Pottery Barn collection and the antlers belong to my husband.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Sharing with:
Tablescape Thursday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Let’s Dish @ Cuisine Kathleen
Centerpiece Wednesday @ The Style Sisters
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home
Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch to Yours
Thrifty Things Friday @ The Thrifty Groove
Seasonal Sundays @ The Tablescaper
Tabletop Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life

27 comments:

  1. What a great idea to use the throw, Tammy! It really sets a winter mood for your table as do your new napkins. I love how you layered the dishes, too! Beautiful!

    I hope your rain lets up soon. We have had no snow here in the upper Midwest and it's very odd!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful idea on the throw. I like to use them also.
    A very pretty table to enjoy on a Winter's day. No snow here either.
    The dishes are lovely together. It's fun layering different patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the plaid. I have to start thinking out of the box for things on the table like that. And those napkins are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've created a gorgeous winter table Tammy!
    The beautiful plaid natural fibre throw woven in Scotland is the perfect base and I love how you've brought out the colours in your china.
    It echoes a highland hunting lodge and I would love sitting here, sharing some world renowned southern hospitality with you!

    Wishing you a JOY filled 2013 and thank you for being part of my blogging journey during last year!
    hugs
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your deer napkins and the antlers! It all looks simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea to use the throw as a tablecloth - looks perfect for the season! I LOVE those PB napkins and can see why you wanted more! They look so beautiful with your dishes and t'scape!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful rustic table! Love the throw. My son who hunts will love this....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi darling, I love your rustic table. It is so warm and inviting. Love the throw as a tablecloth, I've used that idea many times before, love the added interest. Wanted to let you know I have family in Monroe not sure if it's close to you, nice to meet someone else from Louisiana. hugs ~lynne ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tammy,
    Your table looks so good. I love the throw for the tablecloth. Those napkins are beautiful. I am now following you (I thought I already had). I love your blog and have looked at it many times. Thanks for stopping by Shadymont!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Pottery Barn napkins are so pretty! Your tablescape looks really warm and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tammy, your table is smashing...outstanding...I love it. Of course, I love green more than I recently realized. You have created another great tablescape.
    Thanks for visiting and your lovely comment on my blog, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Plaid, natural elements, and a pretty stack of plates.......very pretty!

    ReplyDelete


  13. Tastefully done.your napkins so very beautiful.love the color combination.thank you...:):)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely table, I love the plaid and the dishes. Very inviting.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  15. You got me at blue and green...my favorite color combo...I used it this week, too. Love your table, Tammy...the little covered casseroles are great for veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great tablescape, Tammy! I ADORE your new napkins & Yes, you should try to find more! They look to be hand painted. Beautiful!

    I am off to investigate that Cracker Barrel recipe I saw a minute ago, too.

    Hope your rains stop...Ohio is unusually warm today but we've got snow coming back next week.
    Warm Hugs,
    Rett

    p.s. Thank you for your sweet compliments on my quilts. You made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello, I could use that warm Scottish throw here in Utah where it is below zero right now. today I saw a deer on top of a snoy mountain peek. I slowed down to see it if itwas real or not. I love those new napkins of yours and love your stack of dishes. I need some of the Majolica. Love the little covered bowls too. Joni

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a wonderful tablescape. The plaid blanket sets such a rich tone for your design. I really like it! Thanks for inviting us for a visit. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely winter table. LOVE the wool throw and the PB napkins. Stopping by from The Tablescaper.
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the plaid. Love the table. LOVE those little covered casseroles. Am shooting myself for not getting those napkins at Pottery Barn. Beautiful. Wintry. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So pretty! Perfectly winter! Love the little covered casseroles.

    Great to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  22. Tammy, this table is so warm and cozy! I love the goodwill throw and those napkins are perfect! Thank you for sharing with us at TTF. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi, Great post. I found you through the blog hop. Now following you.Please stop by and say hi when you get a chance.
    Be sure and check out my new Blog Hop that we just started, It's Weekly Goals Link Up. It's a great way to stay on track. Have a great day. :) Here's the link in case you want to check it out. Thanks again.http://lenettacarnes.blogspot.com/2013/01/weekly-goals-linkup-html

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is beautiful and so perfect for winter. Love the plaid. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely rustic table, very cozy!
    Thanks so much for linking to Let's Dish!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~