Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Trash to Treasure Sale - My Thrifty Finds

Oh my, did I have fun at the sale?  OH YEAH!  There was so much stuff and so many people!  If you look hard you can see the tops of people's head that were in line.  The line wrapped around two sides of the building.  I was disappointed that the prices seemed to be higher this year but I was still able to get some thrifty finds!  Too see more about the sale, click on this link.


I picked up 5 Bordello plates for $3 each, 2 were an all over leaf pattern and 3 had a circle of leaves on rim.  I already had a set of their bunny dishes so this will just add to my collection.

I got these cobalt blue stemmed wine glasses for $2 each....

Eight of these purple violet napkins were $4.  They remind me of some that Waverly had at one time.  I have been wanting some purple for my tablescapes..

15 rattan and shell napkin rings for $5.... I love these!  Oh, that wood bowl thingie was a $1...

This shell napkin holder was a dollar....

Six shell salad plates for $2 each.  Are you starting to see a trend here?  Yeah, I love shells, rattan and basically all things beachy....

More shells, these six were $2....

Six white trimmed goblets for $1.50 each...

A silverplated punch bowl ladle for $5. I really needed this!

Two silverplated wine glasses for $1 each....

And a rattan side table for $30.  I like that one side is open so you can slide a stool or other baskets under it.

NOW, since the prices were a little more than usual, I made another trip on Sunday when everything was half off.  This is what I got

This cute Canadian tablecloth for $2.  No stains, tears or fading.... It just spoke to me....

This oh so cute pineapple Cookie jar for $10.  This was something I saw the first day but didn't want to spend $20 on it...

Lamp for $2.50....   A future diy project....

My son purchased this clock for 50 cents.  It doesn't work but I have no doubt that he'll get it going....

A big green Fiesta bowl for $9.  It matches a platter that my aunt gave me before she died quite a few years back....

A crystal etched water pitcher for $9....

One thing I didn't get but was such a great deal was a Star of David punch bowl on the stand.  Regularly it was $38 and it was still there Sunday when it went down to $19.  Someone got a great deal.  I discovered my punch bowl had cracked the day before our Christmas Open House so I sent my son to the local antique store.  He bought me one just like it for $60.  I was so tempted to get this one too but I talked myself out of it because I really didn't need another one.

Even though prices were more this year, I am still satisfied with my finds.  Just think of all the tablescapes I can do with these!

Linking to:
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Tuesdays Treasures @ Myuncommon Slice of Suburbia
Thrifty Things Friday @ The Thrifty Grove

  

5 comments:

  1. WOW! What great finds! I love all of them. I love that you went back on Sunday for the 1/2 off sale...
    XO Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had quite a successful day.... great finds for sure!

    Lora

    ReplyDelete
  3. You found some wonderful things...I would rather shop a thrift store than any other place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Goodness! What wonderful treasures you found!! I love the clock your son found, it is so shabbily wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! you found a lot of gorgeous thrifty things!! Thank you for sharing with us at TTf last week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~