Wednesday, March 28, 2012

I am a Master Designer


I am a Master Designer.  No, not a Master "Interior" Designer.  I am just a housewife who is a designer that was made by the Master.  Well, not really a "designer" but you get the idea.

Grace Episcopal Church - St. Francisville, LA
KathySue at the Good Life of Design had a post yesterday about this same subject.  She recommended her readers check out this series that was just starting up.  So, I did.  Thanks, KathySue!


Sweet Darlene over at Fieldstone Hill Design has started a series entitled,  "How to Overcome Decorating Paralysis."  As soon as I read her mission statement, it hit home for me. This is her mission statement.... 

"I am a Master Designer.

I love Beauty;
 I see potential and I want to fill it with beauty.
 I aim to create something beautiful that is worthy of joy.

Design is a high calling, one that can improve the lives of others, be a means to foster relationships, and add much joy to my family.

I appreciate fine and lovely things, but they are not my treasures.
 I know what is truly important, and
 I do not aim to “store up my treasures here on earth.”*

I live to bring glory to God, the Ultimate Master Designer.
 He created Beauty.
 He created all beautiful things.
 And, He created my passion for design, and set that joy in my heart.

Everything that I create,
 and have created,
 is because I myself was created by a Master.

I am a Master Designer.”

*{verse reference, Matthew 6:19}

I have only been blogging for a little over 2 months and struggle with talking about my home and myself.  I don't want anyone to think that I am boastful or "storing treasures here on earth." I am proud of the accomplishments that my family has made in the building of our home but I also know that we were only able to do it through God's love and grace. I know what's important and it's HIM.  


Even though my thoughts were slightly different from Darlene's, I am glad to realize that I am not the only one who has these feelings.  After reading all of her posts of the subject, I signed up for her emails and the "Master Designer Blog Roll."  She responded very quickly with an acceptance email and encouraged me to spread the word so to speak.  She wants to "share this manifesto with others who long for a graceful way to share their faith on their creative blog and/or design blog."  (her words)

I eagerly anticipate each of the upcoming posts and recommend that others head over to her blog to sign up as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~