Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Spring Mantel

For some reason, I've never decorated my mantel for spring. After starting my blog this past January, I have been inspired by all the pretty and creative mantels. I have been switching out things on my mantel for a week now. I wasn't satisfied with anything I did. I removed my mirror that had been hanging over the fireplace since it was put in a couple of years ago. I went to my storage shed and brought in a mirror that I picked up years ago at a yard sale. I think I paid 50 cents for it. The finish was dark and a little rough looking. I cleaned it up and spray painted it with an ivory spray paint.

This is what my mantel looks like with the painted mirror.  I must apologize for this picture.  I had to use a lot of interior lighting because it has been overcast and raining of and on for days.  The interior lights cause a glare on the mirror and no matter how many pics I took, I couldn't get a good one.

On one end of the mantel, I used a bright green container with faux dogwood blossoms.

On the opposite end, I have an urn which is another garage sale find.  I got it a couple of years ago for a couple of dollars. It is wooden with a hand carved design.  When I bought it, I had every intention of painting it because it did not go anywhere in my house.  Now I'm glad I didn't do it. 

In the middle, are my two favorite bunnies with a vase of azaleas.  The azaleas bring out the flowers on the urn.

Since the mirror was so large, it looked bare.  So I added a grapevine wreath and inserted a few white flowers.  It still seems a little bare to me but that's probably because I usually put too many items on!  Happy Spring!

Linking to:

Mantel Party @ Fox Hollow Cottage
Thursdays are Your Days @ 52 Mantels
Egg-xellent Spring Mantelscape Party @ Grits and Glamour

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for joining in =) I hear you on the rain front, we get that here in Oregon too. Makes taking photos a challenge! It looks very pretty and I love making over thrifted finds. Those are the softest looking bunnies I have ever seen. So cute! Happy Spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We finally got some sunshine today! Thanks for becoming a follower!

      Delete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~