Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Egg-cellent Spring Tablescape

Happy Spring Everyone!  As you have probably already guessed by the name of the title,  today's tablescape features EGGS.
My centerpiece is my copy cat version of one that I saw in an old magazine I have.  I think it might have been last years Southern Lady Entertaining Issue.  I used faux lemons topped with egg shells that I cleaned.  I inserted a few peeps in a couple of them.  Then for the finishing top, I tucked in a few faux white flowers.  It's so springy! 
On each side of the centerpiece, I set an egg shell on top of a clear candlestick and inserted some yellow blooms.

My place setting consists of yellow placemats (Marshalls) with sparkly threads running through them.  Dinner plate is Noritake Richmond, salad plates were a recently purchase from the Salvation Army.  In the center of the salad plates, I used a Depression Glass dessert cup filled with Easter grass and a decorative egg.  Normally, I tint coconut green and use jelly beans but I didn't have any on hand.

 I almost forgot the tea glasses.  They are Mikasa "The Ritz."   I hope you enjoyed this week's tablescape.  Please check out the other sites I am linking to below.



Linking to:
Centerpiece Wednesday @ The Style Sisters
Tablescape Thursday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Tablescape Party @ Housepitality Designs



17 comments:

  1. I love your tablescape, so elegant! You have beautiful china and glassware! Thansk for linking up at the Great Spring'tacular Linky party!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, Thank you for the lovely comments and for hosting the linky party!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! love your colors,soft.Thanks for sharing Joann
    Come and follow me back

    ReplyDelete
  3. The candlesticks with the eggs and flowers are BRILLIANT!!! Pretty table!

    I am linking from ReFresh/ ReStyle.

    xo,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving such a lovely comment!

      Delete
  4. I absolutely love the white centerpiece compote! The design on it is so open and lacy. It's beautiful! It looks really terrific with the fun design you created for it, too! That must have taken a tremendous amount of patience to crack all those egg shells in half. NO WAY could I get them to crack that well! Anytime you want to send me those Mikasa "The Ritz" iced teas to go with the champagne flutes I have in that pattern, just feel free! :-) :-) :-) Have a great weekend!
    Alycia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your table is to very beautiful...I love the way to placed the egg with the flowers on the candle holder. Great idea!...The compote is terrific...I love the combination of eggs and lemons...I think I need to dig out that old copy of Southern Lady..love that magazine!

    Thank you for joining the Egg-xellent Spring Party...!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely table,egg shell on the candlesticks is just NEAT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the little chickie in the egg...so cute..so clever

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness - how cute is that centerpiece with the eggs and the peeps! what a great idea. Thanks for sharing, liz

    ReplyDelete
  9. You used the eggs to great effect! This is a lovely Spring tables cape. Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely tablescape, I would see to see a closeup of the dishes, they look beautiful, thanks for sharing, I am following you. Hope you can do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your centerpiece idea! using faux lemons and egg shell with the peeps! Brilliant! Thanks for sharing your ideas with us on Centerpiece Wednesday!

    Karin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~