Thursday, April 26, 2012

Lemonade on the Patio

Today we're on the patio in the backyard.  The weather has been SOoo nice!  I wish it would stay this way!
The daylilies are in bloom...
Today's inspiration came from the two tablescloths that I purchased this past Saturday.  The solid blue was $1 from a local thrift store and the vintage topper was from "Crossroads Junktion" for $12.50. 
The wheels on the cart remind me of lemons.  I angled the cloth so that the cart would be between each place setting.
I used rattan chargers (Walmart), robin's egg blue plates ($ Tree), and green bowls ($ Tree).  The white flatware was from the Trash to Treasure sale a couple of years ago and the turqoise glasses were a recent purchase from JCPenney.  The yellow napkins are part of a vintage set.
Peeking though the macho ferns....
For my centerpiece, I used a larger size plant thingie as a tray.  I added a vase of lemons with some fern leaves and daylilies added in.  A pitcher of refreshing lemonade..... 
and accents of a few more lemons and asparagus fern complete the arrangment.
Simple and thrify!  Thanks for stopping by!
Sharing with:

Tablescape Thursday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Let's Dish @ Cuisine Kathleen
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground 
Thrifty Things Thursday @ The Thrifty Grove    
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Tabletop Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life


Pin It

14 comments:

  1. As usual, beautiful! Loving those macho ferns; they can withstand everything! Sadly, I fear that we have now morphed from spring back into summer temps :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Nancy.... I just discovered the macho ferns a couple of years ago and they are now my favorite! I was able to store mine in the greenhouse over the winter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely, your pretty table al-fresco in your beautiful garden is such a treat. Wish I could be there and have a cool drink in that fabulous sorroundings! I love ferns, I have them indoors too, all year round. Thank you for your lovely and kind visit.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty table!! I love lemons too! Had missed those chargers at Wal Mart, have to go back and look for them! Very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors on your table. This looks like a lovely place to enjoy a meal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am such a weird woman. I had this post up to read this morning before I left the house, but completely forgot to leave a comment for you! This is SO worthy of lots of comments because it is really a VERY relaxing set up! The colors are all simultaneously soothing and energizing. It's kind of like how a hot shower can either wake you up or help you sleep....it has a dual effect depending on what you need to get you goin'!!! Thrifty, yes, but SO big on oomph!!! have a great weekend, Tammy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I just LOVE that table topper!! These colors are just divine, I love your tablescape!

    Have a wonderful evening!
    Aledia @ Plum Perfect

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Tammy, That table and the patio setting are wonderful! I am partial to that topper tho...vintage and the colors! perfect. This is an example when a lemon is a gooooood thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful! Being a vintage tablecloth fanatic, love your topper best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty table setting! Love all the colours and little touches and your home (from your blog header) is GORGEOUS! I would spend my life on that porch!!!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm your new follower! So excited about finding your blog. We have much in common...children/teens, homeschool, etc...
    Hope you'll follow me too. Looking forward to sharing blogs.
    betty@ southern grace

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet topper! The colors in this scape are lovely!
    I was confused as to why boiled cookies was linked up, but now I see it was probably supposed to be this!
    Thanks for sharing this at Let's Dish!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all these pretty colors you've used! And I think I NEED those turquoise glasses! The vintage topper makes the perfect background for all the green and turquoise elements!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~