Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Products I Love ...in the Kitchen


While baking up some goodies for Easter, I thought of a few products that make the process a little easier.  One thing that I do NOT like is buttermilk, to drink that is!  However, I have quite a few recipes that call for the ingredient.  If I buy a whole carton of buttermilk, the unused amount would eventually go bad on me and have to be thrown away.  There have been times when I used a substitute of ??milk and vinegar. Then, I came across powdered buttermilk!  Yep, now I always have buttermilk on hand and it doesn't go bad.  I just put 4 tablespoons in a cup of warm water and mix it up in my Ninja, which brings me to another product.

My husband actually bought the Ninya for daiquiris and smoothies.  It works great!  I also use it as a mini chopper.  After we used this baby a few times. it was bye bye to my old blender!

But back to the baking, my last product I wanted to mention is a Wilton angled spreading spatula. It works so much better than a regular spreader for applying frosting to a cake.  Even a novice like me can have a smooth frosted cake. 

This is the three products that made my Easter preparations go a little bit smoother.  Now the one thing I need some recommendations on is a KNIFE.  I need a good medium range price knife for chopping vegetables.  There area so many on the market, from very cheap to super expensive.  I can't afford a super expensive one but am willing to pay a little more IF I know it's a good one.  Can anyone recommend one for me? 

Sharing with:
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Bunny Hop @ Bunny Jeans Decor and More
White Wednesday @ Faded Charm Cottage 
Let's Dish @ Cuisine Kathleen  

3 comments:

  1. Hi Tammy,
    Thanks for telling me about the powdered buttermilk. I didn't know it existed. As for knives, I have some Henkel knives that are good, but I have 2 inexpensive ones that I use all the time. One is a Miracle Blade III with a serrated edge, and the other is a small one with a serrated edge that I use for slicing tomatoes.(Sorry, I forgot who it is by, but my church sells them as a fundraiser.) The point is, I don't think you have to spend a lot of money on good knives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane,
      Thanks for the info about the knives. I'm glad you could use one of my tips. Blessings, Tammy

      Delete
  2. Powder buttermilk? I never heard of that before. Like you I enjoy baking with buttermilk, but because I don't bake very often it goes sour fast. Sorry, I can't help out much with knives, I'm still using the one I purchased about 10 years ago, I'm not familiar with anything new on the market.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~