Monday, April 2, 2012

Chalkboard Platter

Yes, I'm jumping on the chalkboard paint wagon!  I saw a similarly post from a fellow blogger, Cindy at Beaux R'eves and decided to make my own.  Cindy's was round and more ornate, and absolutely gorgeous but I was too "chicken" to use my better ones.

I purchased some chalkboard paint from Lowe's.  Using a little sponge brush, my daughter carefully followed the recessed part of this platter. I have three of these platters that I purchased from a yard sale.  They are made of metal but not silverplate.


A very easy and simple project!


Sharing with:
Metamorphisis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Masterpiece Monday @ Boogieboard Cottage  
Table Top Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Tuesdays Treasures @ Myuncommon Slice of Suburbia
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
What's It Wednesday @ Ivy and Elephants
Swing into Spring Party @ DIY by Design
Show Your Stuff @ Just Winging It
Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage  
Home Sweet Home Friday @ The Charm of Home
Thrifty Things Friday @ The Thrifty Grove

21 comments:

  1. Very cute. I love the chalkboard. Its looks adorable. I found you through the linky at coastal charm.
    Eileen @ Cottage Beach House

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice :) I love chalkboards and I also like the name of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it's just perfect on your island! You did a nice job. Thanks for sharing with the newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this project. I have had an unopened jar of chalkboard paint for too long. Tried it on some Easter eggs over the weekend and it is fun to work with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my first chalkboard project and I can see endless possibilities with it!

      Delete
  5. Tammy,
    Cute project! Your chalkboard turned out GREAT! I can't wait to try this. Now all I need to find is a tray. I'm a new follower!
    Sharla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your platter is awesome. I love the fact that the chalkboard came out so smooth and nice. My first attempt came out a bit lumpy for some reason. You have inspired me to do another one. Thanks so much for sharing!

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I will have to try this for my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tammy!

    That is a really great idea. It makes a great little accent piece that you can change out as needed. Great for the wall or a table.

    Thank you for sharing this at my party! (Also, thanks for the sweet comments about my husband and his job)

    xoxo Bunny Jean
    Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That turned out great. I really need to make one for our home. I make one for our business but, not for here! Have a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Turned out pretty cool. Thank you for participating in Show Your Stuff Blog Hop, You are invited to come back:
    http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/04/white-chocolate-tropical-dessert-show.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~