Thursday, April 26, 2012

Boiled Cookies - For the Recipe Box

My family loves these cookies!  They are usually gone within a couple of hours of being made.  They are so easy and quick.
BOILED COOKIES

Ingredients

2 cups sugar
1/2 cup margarine or butter
1/2 cup milk
4 tablespoon cocoa
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 cups oatmeal

In a medium size pot, add sugar, butter, milk and cocoa.  Once the butter is totally melted, boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.  Remove from heat.  Add peanut butter and vanilla.  Once it's melted, add the oatmeal.  Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper.   
Simple and easy but super delicious!
Thanks for stopping by.

Pin It

Sharing with:

Let's Dish @ Cuisine Kathleen
Foody Friday @ Designs by Gollum
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors



6 comments:

  1. Yum. These were my favorite cookies growing up. There was virtually no waiting! Thanks for the memories!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried these but they sound so simple and look delicious! Thanks for stopping by, feel free to link to the party as well, you're always welcome!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my very favorite cookies...I could sit down with a cold glass of milk (or a hot cup of tea) and eat the WHOLE THING. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tammy!

    I don't know where I have been... but I have never heard of these cookies. They sound like they are easy and good too, so I will have to try them!

    Thanks for the birthday wishes :)

    xoxo Bunny Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum Yum!!! I just found your blog on foodie friday. I'll host a party every month with a different theme and would love you to join! Please visit my blog for more information on "My Sweet Party" post uploaded 2nd of May.

    http://www.meandmysweets.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/my-sweet-party-chocolate-cake-love.html

    Johanna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~