Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Hillcroft House Tour


Last month, we went to the Audubon Pilgrimage in St Francisville, LA.  Hillcroft was my favorite tour.  They didn't allow inside pics but I told some of the outside and wanted to share them with you.

According to the Pilgrimage website, Hillcroft, a stately Colonial Revival Mansion was built in 1903 of heart pine and cypress. The style results from a return to classical discipline. The builder was Samuel Lawrason a prominent judge and civic leader. One of the most unique aspects of Hillcroft is the widow's walk. This enclosed area on the roof offers a spectacular view of the Mississippi River.   


It sits high upon a hill in the historic district.   



This is the view from the second floor screened porch overlooking the back yard.  In the distant, is a bayou, complete with cypress knees.  I tried to get a picture of them but couldn't.


This is a closer view, taken from the lower level bricked terrace. 


Midway down was this little sitting area.....


Let's step upon the lower level back porch.


I love, love, love this dining furniture!




As you round the side of the house, you see the fireplace and bbq area.


Here is a spectacular sugar kettle displayed as a water feature!


The is the side entrance going into the kitchen.  The patio that contains the fireplace and sugar kettle is in this area.


And this is a side view from the neighbor's yard.  It is a beautiful home and I so enjoyed the tour.  I wished I could have had interior pictures to share with you!  One area that really impressed me was the upstairs hallway.  It was really wide and at the end in front of the doors was a big fluffy white antique bed!  Yes, in the hallway!  It just made you want to crawl up in it!

I hope you enjoyed the tour!

Sharing with:

What's It Wednesday @ Ivy and Elephants
White Wednesday @ Faded Charm Cottage 
Outdoor Wednesday @ A Southern Daydreamer


Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I was just there about a month ago and toured the house too. I love the grounds most especially. We toured I think 4 houses but this was my favorite...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tammy!

    What a wonderful way to spend the afternoon. The grounds of this home are really beautiful. I see that Christine also got to visit... you two are so lucky!

    Thanks for sharing this at my party :)

    xoxo Bunny Jean
    Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your pictures; they are lovely! I missed the pilgrimage this year :(
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~