Monday, September 3, 2012

The Office & Craft Room–Part 2


SAM_5546

I wasn’t planning on sharing this side of my office yet since the lamps are not finished but it seemed that everything I’ve done this week just did not want to be finished!  Does that make sense?  I’ve been working on a Pottery Barn knock off memo board but I’m having trouble with the graphic transfers!  My hubby built my desk and I’ve finished painting it but haven’t got it all arranged yet.  The lamps for the balustrade table have to be sanded down and I really wasn’t finished with the white chest you see in the picture.  I planned on using some kind of wash on it to tone it down a little.  Oh well, I am super excited to have this table finished though!  Remember the cabinets in my china closet had originally been in a house that burned?  Well this table was too!
perry 010
Here it is being removed from the home by my trusty assistants!  After letting it air out in the barn for quite a few months, I cleaned it up really good.  Hunter sanded it and I wiped it down with mineral spirits.  It had a few burn spots on the top and bottom but I just couldn’t let this go to the dumpster!  I’m guessing that the owner purchased it from Restoration Hardware since she purchases items there frequently.  I’ve seen a few things she purchased for her new home and they are gorgeous!
SAM_5542
Since it’s eight feet long, there wasn’t much choice in where to put it!  I didn’t want to paint it so I applied several coats of Tung oil to restore the moisture to the wood.  The pair of tall lamps that I’m using on each end of the table also came out of the house.  You can see the top of one of the lamps in the lower right hand corner.  They are tall lamps and are very heavy, being made of cast iron.
perry 006
The large picture above the table was an auction buy several years ago.  It’s quite large but has been in this room since I bought her home.
SAM_5553
I did re paint the room but it was hard to get a good picture.  I had all the blinds open but it’s overcast outside and if I turned on the overhead light, it reflected off the glass.  The first pic in this post is the closet to the true color.
SAM_5543
Here’s one of Hunter’s vintage typewriters.  I went “shopping” in his barn yesterday and saw another one that was in perfect condition with the cover but I left it there because I didn’t feel like moving it!  Those things are heavy!
SAM_5554
I found the larger metal suitcase at an antique this past weekend for $10!  The smaller one is from Hunter’s barn.  I’m using the larger one to store silk flower stems.  I wasn’t planning on putting a TV in here but I found this one at a yard sale this summer for $15! and it has a built in dvd player!  I just couldn’t pass it up!
SAM_5550
This footlocker is also from the barn!  That boy sure has a collection of “merchandise” as he calls it!  This is what it looked like before.
SAM_2099
I couldn’t remove the hardware so I started by spray painting them with a hammered bronze.  I then hand brushed it a creamy white, which still looks a little too bright.
 
I hope you enjoyed the little tour!  Thanks for stopping by!
 
Sharing with:
Newbie Party (with a twist) @ Debbie Doos
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Tabletop Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life
Thrifty Treasures @ Southern Hospitality
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Cowgirl Up @ The Farmhouse Porch
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Under $100 Linky Party @ Beyond the Picket Fence
Thrifty Things Friday @ The Thrifty Grove
Inspiration Friday @ The Picket Fence
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Potpourri Friday @ 2805
Furniture Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

18 comments:

  1. Gosh, you have such great treasures! To be able to salvage that table after a fire is amazing! That is an awesome statement piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds, and that table is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That table is STUNNING!!! You got a great one there! Love the way you styled it with the typewriter!

    ♥Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to have that table - what a gorgeous rustic piece of furniture - and I would love to have that typewriter too, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That table is fabulous, so glad you saved it. This is going to be wonderful when you get done, can't wait to see it all. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great table! Love the vintage typewriter and small trunks and suitcases too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The table is fabulous!!! Love the typewriter too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazingly you saved the table. It really fits in your home plus all the boxes. Stunning, indeed.

    Have a great day.

    Greetings from rainy Stockholm,
    /CC

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopping by to return the follow and fell in love with your table...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great table! Glad you rescued it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great finds! LOVE that table and typewriter! I actually REALLY love the typewriter! :)

    xoxo ♥ Shar

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an absolutely beautiful table! It really makes a perfect desk. I love that typewriter too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh i have typewriter envy how gogeous - Becky@babybudgeting.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great table. I agree you could definitely not let that go to the landfill!

    Small House / Big Sky Donna
    http://smallhouseunderabigsky.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. That table was a great find!! I don't know of anyone that wouldn't love it. And you have accessorized it perfectly. Sally

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everything looks great. That table is fantastic! Thank you for sharing at TTF. Have a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So envious with that vintage typewriter! Your office is simply classy! Good project! Do put more updates about it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~