Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Tee Time!


One of my husband's numerous hobbies is golf so for Father's Day I decided to do a golf themed tablescape.  Well, golf themed with a touch of whimsy.  I purchased this frog several years ago as a gag gift for Christmas.  Well, the last laugh was on me!  He loved it and insists that it stay in the living room beside the hearth.  The only time that I have been able to move it is during the Christmas holidays because of all the Christmas decor.


Since he loves this frog so much, I decided to use it as my centerpiece!


I found a new box of Callaway golf balls in his golf bag and glued a tee and made a little flag to use as the place card.  You should have hear him fussing, telling me that I was ruining his golf balls!  I told him that the hot glue wouldn't hurt them!  Big Baby!


Anyway....I draped the table with a navy blue tablecloth.  The place setting consists of a square red plate (JCP), green salad plate (JCP) and cream bowl (BHG).

Wood handled flatware is paired with Laguiole steak knives.  The green striped glass (TF) is paired with Mikasa (The Ritz) wine glasses.



I hope everyone has a Happy Father's Day!


Sharing with:
Centerpiece Wednesday @ The Style Sisters
Outdoor Wednesday @ A Southern Daydreamer
Open House Party @ No Minimalist Here
Let's Dish @ Cuisine Kathleen 
Tablescape Thursday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Tabletop Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life
Home & Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life   
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage 
Thursdays Favorite Things @ Katherine's Corner
Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch To Yours
  

12 comments:

  1. What a sweet, fun and thoughtful table-scape for Father's day. Using the golf balls with tees for name tags was brill, although I don't know how you got them to stay upright?

    Thanks for the kind words on my PB ocean pier knock off. You can easily do one too. I know it's not as fancy as theirs, actually much more on the primitive side, but that's ok with me.

    Have a wonderful Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun tablescape and I think the frog is just adorable, he makes for a great centerpiece.

    Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful night!
    Aledia @ Plum Perfect

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it always that way.. you get to love the gag gift every day.. He's a charmer tho.. Love you table. The golf bowl markers are perfect! have a great week, xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how adorable your Father's day table looks!I like the theme and the cute golf ball place card holder:)The frog is soooo adorable and makes a wonderful centerpiece for your gold theme table.Thanks for sharing such a fun tablescape and for your sweet comment on my garden party. Have a lovely day!Hugs,Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's fantastic! great job! I was wondering about the balls too, lol if the was worried about you ruining his balls! Can I ask how you got them to stand with the flag on top? Stopping by from treasure hunt thurs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for all the lovely comments! Yes, my husband's golf balls are still intact! The glue came off easily. Also, I didn't really do anything to make them stand up, they just did! If I did use anything, I probably would use that tacky gummy stuff that you can get at the dollor store.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tammy! Very cute golf-themed table! That frog is adorable! I'm your newest follower! Visiting from Let's Dish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The frog makes a great centerpiece! Cute table.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the centerpiece! Great idea for the name tags too!
    Thanks for linking this fun table to Let's Dish! Lol about the golf balls being ruined!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now, Tammy, you know I love you.........but you can't go puttin' hot glue on the man's nice golf balls! I'm glad you're still alive to have created this post! :-) My Dad was an avid golfer for at least 60 years, and no one was to touch his golf balls without facing punishment of death by firing squad. Next time you must take a little trip out to the driving range and pick up the strays for your tablescape. Be sure to wear a helmet and body armour, though! :-) OK, that was fun....now on to your tablescape! I can see why your husband liked the frog...it's cute!!! I like all the fun stuff you put with it to create a truly fun and thoughtful Father's Day table. Admittedly, the golfball/tee place cards are just too cute! He must find it in his heart to forgive you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your "Tee Time" tablescape is so cute! I love the Place cards and the frog centerpiece is so sweet! Beautiful! Susie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahah love the frog! My dad is an avid golfer so I love this!
    karin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~