Monday, June 18, 2012

Powder Room Reveal


I changed my powder room up a little.  Before the walls were Ralph Lauren Haystack with accents of red in the room.  I kind of had an exotic theme going on in here!


Now, it's a pretty blue color.  It really brightened up the little room and my coastal art looks great with this color.  You can see how I made that here.


I had to keep a little bit of my animal print! 


I glued some sea shells to the top of the wooden box that sits on the toilet tank.


On top of the little wall cabinet, I added a big ball and a large glass vase with smaller balls.  I love all the different textures they bring to the room.


Originally the room was wallpaper on the lower half but when I painted it the taupe we added the beadboard.  We used a pedestal sink instead of a vanity due to the small size of the room.  All of our interior doors have crystal knobs with skeleton key locks.  On all the doors that have locks, I have a ribbon attached to the skeleton key with either a tassel or in this case another key.  I chose not to have a towel rack for the hand towel because the kids NEVER hung it up anyway!  So, I use a little robe hook and it usually, not always but usually gets hung up!


Last weekend while at a moving sale, I found this cute guest towel. It was only a $1! After washing and drying it, I starched and ironed it. I found an old picture frame that I painted white. I spray painted the cardboard backing and centered the towel. Instant vintage artwork! I love it!


Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It

Sharing with:
Show Us Your Bathrooms @ Thrifty Decor Chick
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
You're Gonna Love It Tuesday @ Kathe with an E 
Cowgirl Up Party @ Cedar Hill Ranch
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
White Wednesday @ Faded Charm Cottage 

8 comments:

  1. Tammy, your room looks great that "pretty blue color" what color is it? Love all the sea inspired touches too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I LOVE the overall theme!

    xoxo -Shar

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable - you hooked me with the tea towel. Love the blue - it just adds so much to a smaller space. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cheerful color. And the tea towel adds the perfect touch to your beach inspired powder room.

    Visiting from You're Gonna Love It Tuesday.
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  5. The guest towel is so cute.
    I'm visiting from Debbie Doos.
    Katie-Let's Add Sprinkles

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it, especially the vintage tea towel art!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute!!Love the tea towels.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a huge transformation! It looks so much better. I love the blue and the beadboard.

    aimee @ sixteen fourteen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~