Monday, November 12, 2012

Vintage Royal Ruby by Anchor Hocking Glass


A Walk in the Countryside: Vintage Royal Ruby by Anchor Glass
 
Here’s a recent Goodwill find….vintage Royal Ruby glassware!  When I walked in the store, I didn’t get a shopping cart.  My son went down one aisle and I went down another.  When I saw all the red glassware, I was just giddy with delight.  I stood guard over it and yelled at my son to go get me a cart!!  There was just too much of it to hold all at once!
 
A Walk in the Countryside: Royal Ruby Anchorglass
 
There were 8 tumbler glasses with 6 having the original label.  After a little research, I found that the style of the creamers and sugar was part of the R-4000 series which was made in the mid 1950’s.  Since these were all together, I’m guessing the all the pieces are from that period
 
A Walk in the Countryside: Royal Ruby by Anchor Glass
 
Four salad plates… 
 
A Walk in the Countryside: Royal Ruby by Anchor Glass

and a creamer and sugar were in the mix but no cups.
 
A Walk in the Countryside:  Royal Ruby by Anchorglass
 
Four swirl tumblers and four sherbet glasses.
 
I was just so excited because I’ve been wanting some type of Ruby Red for so long and also it’s just in time for the Christmas holiday!  I have already used the sherbet glasses in a Halloween tablescape that you can see here.  
 
Total spent for this little vintage collection…$12.98 plus tax!  Replacements.com had the plates and sugar/creamer for $70!
 
The past couple of weeks I have found quite a bit at GW and I’ll be sharing my finds with you in the coming weeks.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Sharing with:
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
What’s It Wednesday @ Ivy and Elephants
Fall Into Fall @ DIY by Design
Tweak it Tuesday @ Cozy Little House
Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch to Yours
 

12 comments:

  1. What an awesome...and beautiful find! Love the red glasses-they are perfect for Christmas!

    Jennifer @ Decorated Chaos

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great find. I have been collecting Royal Ruby for quite a few years. I have service for at least 20 and I use them all the time for holidays and guests I have so many pieces the fun now is to find the last few soup/cereal bowls, sherberts, water goblets and the base to the punch bowl. I just saw some mugs showing up on ebay that say vintage in the post. Will have to do more research to see what I can find out about them. I would love mugs,I have cups and saucers but I never use them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just in time for the holidays, you lucky girl! All the pieces are beautiful!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous and perfect for Christmas:}

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great find and just in time for the holidays.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for your kind words and visit to my blog! I'm happy I came for a visit! I love your ruby red glassware! It's amazing what you can find at goodwill ! Happy Fall !! Jules ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are lovely glasses and what a deal. Good shopping.
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have 4 plates that I purchased with several other ruby red pieces. The bottoms oh the plates are ground down not. Shiny Are these from the 30's as I was told?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~