One more week until Thanksgiving! Gosh, time flies! Today I wanted to share a simple, basic chicken & cornbread dressing recipe. This is the dressing that my mother has always made and was the first dressing recipe that I learned to make. It’s super easy!
Chicken & Cornbread Dressing
Salt & Pepper
Pan of Cornbread
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Put chicken and onions in stockpot, cover with water and cook until done.
2. Debone chicken. Save chicken stock.
3. Crumble one pan of cornbread in large bowl. You can get my cornbread recipe here.
4. Add chicken to bowl and enough chicken stock till mixture is a little soupy. Season with salt, pepper & poultry seasoning to taste.
5. Pour into pan and bake in oven on 350 degrees until golden brown.
You can do plenty to this recipe to make it your own! Add additional celery and bell pepper or even leave the chicken out and use store bought chicken stock. We usually cook this recipe when we’re not having turkey during other times of the year. I’ve used chicken leg quarters, boneless thighs and a whole chicken. It just depends on what’s in the freezer! Now,the children, and some adults, prefer this recipe. While this is one is good, my favorite is one with more seasonings and other additional ingredients which I’ll share with you soon.
Thanks for stopping by!
Show Us Your Life @ Kelly’s Korner
On the Menu Monday @ StoneGable
Full Plate Thursday @ Miz Helen’s Country Cottage
Foody Friday @ Designs by Gollum
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors