Friday, November 30, 2012

Christmas Candy Canes on the Front Door


A Walk in the Countryside: Christmas Front Door with Candy and Mesh Ribbon
 
Peppermints and candy canes so remind me of Christmas!  Last year I did a smaller version of this on the back door but this year I went bigger and better on the front porch. 
 
A Walk in the Countryside: Front Door decorated in Candy theme with mesh ribbon
 
Instead of the white with red stripes, I used the red with white which showed up better with the lime green.  Using a rope, I gathered both pieces of mesh and tied it onto the rope using wire.  Sliding my hand down about 12-14 inches, I gathered it again and secured it.  I tried to keep it at even intervals.  Does this make sense?  I’m confusing myself here!
 
A Walk in the Countryside: Christmas Front Door with Candy & Mesh Ribbon
 
Most of the candy on the garland, including the large candy canes are from Hobby Lobby.  The pieces on the wreath came from the Dollar Tree.
 
A Walk in the Countryside: Christmas Front Door in Candy and Mesh Ribbon
 
I inserted a few glittery sprays and sparking ribbons!
 
A Walk in the Countryside: Christmas Front Door decorated in candy and mesh ribbon
 

A Walk in the Countryside: Christmas Front Door in Candy and Mesh Ribbon
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Sharing with:
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Inspiration Friday At The Picket Fence
Share Your Creations @ Kristen’s Creations
Newbie Party with a Twist @ Debbie-Doos
Cowgirl Up @ The Farmhouse Porch
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch to Yours
 

13 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute and fun! Lots of color. I love it!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that wreath on your door! Looks really great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Tammy! Your entry is so festive and welcoming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, how cute is this? This seriously is one of my favorite outdoor decors so far. It reminds me of the little gingerbread house. I love it! This is so well done and is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely amazingly gorgeous.. I love it. Your decorations are always so stunning, and give me so many ideas. Thank you for sharing. Merry Christmas-Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful and festive! I love it!!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tammy, your entryway is so pretty! I love the candy canes! What a fabulous idea! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun and beautiful welcome for your guests!!! I love it. XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun front door decoration! I just love using that deco mesh stuff. You did an outstanding job of adding great embellishments to the wreath and surround. I also saw the post with your inside decorations...they are wonderful too. I'm still not through decorating so I am going to steal some of your good ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in love! This is so pretty....love the candy and the colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~