Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Best Traditional Pumpkin Pie by Libbey



A Walk in the Countryside: Best Pumpkin Pie by Libbey's
 
For years my husband would say nobody can make a pumpkin pie like his grandmother, not even his mom!  He wouldn’t even let me try!  One day, I had a can of Libbey’s pumpkin in the pantry that I had planned on making pumpkin bread with and I saw a recipe for pumpkin pie.
 
A Walk in the Countryside: Best Pumpkin Pie by Libbey's
 
So, without telling him, I made the pie. It was VERY easy and simple. After it was completed, I had to coax him into even trying it.  After his first bite, he says “WOW! this is really good….just like grandma’s!”  I said “Thank you very much,” stuck my nose up in the air and walked out of the room!  LOL! I waited a couple more years before I told him I made it from a recipe on the back of the can!  I just like him think I was super brilliant for  a while!
 
A Walk in the Countryside: Libbey's Pumpkin Pie

This is the traditional holiday pumpkin pie. This classic recipe has been on LIBBY'S® Pumpkin labels since 1950. This pie is easy to prepare and even easier to enjoy. Just mix, pour, bake for a delicious homemade tradition.
LIBBEY”S PUMPKIN PIE
 
Ingredients
Directions
MIX sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
POUR into pie shell.
BAKE in preheated 425° F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream before serving.

from VeryBestBaking.com

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope everyone has a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!
 
Sharing with:
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Fall into Fall @ DIY by Design
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

1 comment:

  1. Tammy, it doesn't get any better than this recipe! Love it! Happy Thanksgiving! Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~