Monday, November 19, 2012

Unpacking the Christmas Dishes


A Walk in the Countryside: Thrifty Christmas Dishes
 
I spent this past weekend unpacking the Christmas dishes and getting a jumpstart on the Christmas decorating.  After I got them all out I was a little shocked at how many there were!  In the above picture is the vintage Tom & Jerry egg nog set that my mom gave me.  The stemware is from the Dollar Tree this year.
 
A Walk in the Countryside: Thrifty Christmas Dishes
 
The Twelve Days of Christmas set is from Goodwill over the summer.
 
A Walk in the Countryside: Thrifty Christmas Dishes
 
Both the Mikasa salad plates and the hand painted poinsettia stemware are from yard sales. I’ve had the salad plates for quite a few years.  I only paid $5 for the box of four and would love to have more but when I checked them out on ebay, they go for about $75 for the set.  That’s a little bit too much out of my price range!
 
A Walk in the Countryside:  Thrifty Christmas Dishes
 
Lenox napkin rings from Goodwill and the snowflake plates are from the Dollar Tree a couple of years ago.
 
A Walk in the Countryside: Thrifty Christmas Dishes
 
I just love this little set of 8 vintage glasses.  Yes, they came from a yard sale.  They say Happy New Year and Merry Christmas!  I also have a set of snowmen dishes that I purchased from the Dollar General a few years ago.  These go in the cabinet and are used everyday during the Christmas season.  Now...where do I put them?
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Sharing with:
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
What’s It Wednesday @ Ivy and Elephants
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Tweak it Tuesday @ Cozy Little House

10 comments:

  1. Looks like your way ahead of the rush, Tammy. Smart girl.

    Honestly haven't even thought about it yet - busy working on other things, non-Christmas related.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL everyone is posting about christmas and I have to get through everyone coming here for thanksgiving yet! :) Though the Christmas posts are inspiring! :) As in...the day after thanksgiving I cannot wait to get the fall decor out of the way to prepare for some initial Christmas decorating! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been doing the same thing. Love your Mikasa plates. I too struggle with storage and am about to turn a closet into a china cabinet:}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...you have a nice stash and you got great deals on all of it! Yay! Love those glasses in the last picture!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your vintage Christmas items the best, but all are great! I found it is so easy to pick up Christmas dishes and them BAM what to do with them! Enjoy I say! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your olden Christmas dishes and the little egg nog set. You're getting ahead of the game. I do have my tree up.
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Christmas dishes are so nice. You have some great pieces. I love the Tom and Jerry Eggnog set. Don't you just love yard sales and thrift stores for buying dishes? I got my CHrismas set from the thrift. Have a Happy THanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't started unpacking Christmas yet because I am really wanting to wait until after Thanksgiving but I am chomping at the bit. LOL! You have quite a wonderful collection of Christmas dishes and I can't wait to see some of your tablescape combinations. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tammy, love your Christmas dishes...all of them! Don't give up on Ebay, you just might find them at the right price this year. :) Happy Thanksgiving!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't you love unpacking your Christmas treasures? Love your Christmas collection. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~