Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Be Mine, Valentine!

This is a traditional red and white valentines tablescape.  I started with a white tablecloth draped with a shimmering red netting in the center of the table.  I used my champagne bucket with red silk roses.  On each side, are crystal candleholders with tall red candles. 

The place setting consists of red chargers (Bed, Bath & Beyond), white china trimmed with gold (Noritake Richmond) and cherub salad plates (antique store).  I used a basic white damask with brass napkin rings (Trash to Treasure Sale). 

I have to tell the story behind the gold trim drinking glasses.  A couple of years ago, my son and nephew, who were about 12 and 13 at the time, were messing around some old junk cars at my dad's shop.  They found a set of these glasses still in the box in the trunk.  Being such good boys, they thought of me!  They knew I like dishes and glassware and enjoyed tablecaping, so they wrapped them up and gave them to me for Christmas that year!  How sweet and thoughtful!  The wine glasses are Mikasa "The Ritz."  The gold plated flatware was a garage sale find.

And, of course, don't forget the candlelight!

Linking to:

Tablescape Thursday @ Between Naps on the Porch

Table Top Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life


12 comments:

  1. Pretty table! I love the red and gold together. XO Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pretty table, very elegant and I love using tulle on tables as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy, I purchased the tulle during the Christmas season at Hobby Lobby. They sell it in a little pack. It has a lot more sparkle to it than the regular tulle. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. What a cute story about your son and nephew! They knew immediately who'd appreciate their find! Your table looks beautifully elegant, with the pretty china and crystal. Those salad plates were a find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tricia, I am blessed to have such considerate boys in my life!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful table! Love the red and gold!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is charming - love the red and gold too! Very romantic with the crystal and the real lights.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm hyperventilating right now! I have Mikasa's "The Ritz" champagne flutes, and I would kill or die to have the water goblets and wine goblets. They are SO expensive now (at least on Replacements, Ltd. they are!), so I am keeping my eyes peeled for them through a less expensive source. As for the glasses, that is the BEST story! They just FOUND them?!??!?!!! What a wonder! What an absolute, fabulous wonder!!! The fact that they thought of you and knew they would make the perfect Christmas gift and earn them lifetime brownie points was even better! :-) Have a wonderful Valentine's Day! Oh...and I LOVE your new header!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alycia, I got my wine glasses at the garage/storage sale for 25 cents EACH!!! I didn't know what pattern they were until I got home and researched them. Since then, I have purchased the matching tea glasses from ebay. I think I need the champagne flutes now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely table...red and white is always wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the table! I am terribly sad that you did not show the entire table! Thanks for sharing your pretty work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~