Thursday, January 12, 2012

Before and After Kitchen Backsplash

oLast year, for my birthday, I got a travertine backsplash for my kitchen.  Previously, the backsplash was beadboard.  It was pretty but hard to clean, especially since it was old beadboard from the 1930's.  Once again, it was a family affair.  My husband, son and myself removed and installed the new backsplash.  We purchased the tile from Home Deport.  What sold it for me was the fleur-de-lis over the stove.  It was only $10!  The travertine matched it perfectly.  For about $300, I got a whole new look.
Before...

and after...I think it looks better with the black/brown granite.


1 comment:

  1. I love the brown granite it looks fabulous and elegant. Thanks for the visit and a new follower here now. ^_^

    Kim, USA

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~