Sunday, March 2, 2014

On the other end….


vintage school desk as end table
 
A couple of weeks ago, I showed you the vintage piece I used for the other end of the sofa.  To see that post, click here.  This end has a little more room if the right side of the French door is kept closed, which is usually is.
 
vintage school desk as end table
 
I recently purchased this vintage school desk and had plans on putting it in the booth to sell.  After seeing it here, I think I may keep it awhile!
 
vintage school desk
 
I plan on keeping an eye out for more croquet ball to display on top.
 
vintage school desk as end table
 
The seat is a perfect place for stacking magazines and books.  The sunroom is slowly coming together and is definitely my most favorite room of the house!
 
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll thru Life
Open House @ No Minimalist Here
Tuesdays Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
The Scoop Link Party @ Confessions of a Plate Addict
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home
Be Inspired Friday @ Common Ground
Chic by You @ {ChicByTab} 

 

13 comments:

  1. Tammy! This is the perfect spot for your desk!!! I just love it with the white sofa. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the old school desk as an end table.... I have one and just have not found the "just right" place for it! Great idea.. I think I will try this one.. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this. Not only does the desk look perfect where it is, but it brings back memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vintage desks bring back happy memories of a long ago time...and it makes an awesome side table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use one of these old desks for an end table also and find it to be very versatile. Love your croquet ball collection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is perfect! I love the desk and it's the perfect spot for holding magazines!

    Thanks for the inspiration!

    Have a wonderful and blessed day!
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect little desk. Goes nicely with your decor. I would love for you to share on my Chic By You Link Party @ http://chicbytab.blogspot.ca/2014/03/chic-by-you-wednesday-link-party-2.html. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never thought of this as a school desk Tammy! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have one that is similar and now have a great idea of where to use it-THANKS to you! I love it. It is my understanding that the smaller desks are harder to find as most of them were the bigger ones for older students. Glad you have decided to keep it!♥♫

    ReplyDelete
  10. How beautiful, Tammy! It looks perfect next to the sofa. Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tammy,
    What a great way to use this wonderful old school desk, thanks a bunch for sharing it at my Nifty Thrifty Tuesday party. It will be feature at this weeks party.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I couldn't possibly get rid of that - how beautiful - and it looks gorgeous next to your couch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The wood of the desk looks great against the white of trim and slipcover. Very pretty. I have a cross stitch piece I made years ago with kids playing in and around a row of school desks just like yours. I would love to find a desk to place below the grouping of framed stitchery.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~