Sunday, March 9, 2014

DIY Checkerboard Table

 

diy checkerboard table

 

I’ve had this small table in storage since last year.  (Sorry for the small picture but it was taken with my phone and when I go larger it’s blurry.)

 

making a checkerboard table

 

I purchased it from it from Goodwill and immediately had the idea to paint a checkerboard on it.

 

making a checkerboard table

 

Using a ruler, I drew a checkerboard with 2 inch squares.  I used cookie cutters and traced the stars.  I then painted it with craft paint and sanded it down to give it a worn look.  After a coat of stain, it was finished.

 

diy checkerboard table

 

I planned on putting it in the sunroom but it didn’t look good so to the booth it went!

Sharing with:

Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm

Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll thru Life

Open House @ No Minimalist Here

Tuesdays Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style

The Scoop Link Party @ Confessions of a Plate Addict

Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home

Be Inspired Friday @ Common Ground

Furniture Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed

4 comments:

  1. I've always loved game tables. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I love it. How fun. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea! Makes me want to play checkers even though I am not too good at it. Loved your cart makeover too...gives me some great ideas!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~