Sunday, October 13, 2013

Spooky Halloween Mantel


spooky halloween mantel
 
It’s almost that time again for all the ghouls and goblins to come out!  I have been slowly decorating the house for Halloween.  We are having a costume party in two weeks and besides a few little things here and there, I’m basically starting from scratch!  It's been quite a few years since I really went all out for Halloween.  I usually just jump straight into Fall/Thanksgiving!
 
halloween mantel
 
The living room mantel is finished and most of the decorations are from the Dollar Tree.  The cling on’s on the mirror were used on the sideboard in the dining room last year.  To see that post, click here.  I cut the pictures out of the plastic frames and purchased black frames to dress them up a little.  The frames are from the Dollar Tree as well.
 
drip red wax on white candles for a more spooky halloween
 
To add a little more spook here, I lite a red candle and dripped the wax down the white candles.  I had to search though all the Christmas candles to find one that was solid red, most were red on the outside and white on the inside, making the wax clear.
 
spooky halloween mantel
 
halloween mantel
 
Have you any thrifty Halloween décor ideas that you use?
 
Sharing with:
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll thru Life
Open House @ No Minimalist Here
Tuesdays Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
The Scoop Link Party @ The Farmhouse Porch
Project Inspired @ Artsy Chicks Rule
Be Inspired Friday @ Common Ground
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Fabulously Creative Party @ Jennifer Rizzo

 

8 comments:

  1. Now this would be one Halloween party I'd love to be invited to! Your decor is fantastically spooky!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your decor! I'd love to be at your party...maybe some day I will have one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know hoe much of a Halloween 'freak ' I am Tammy and I am howling over your gorgeous mantle! AWOOOOOO! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tammy,
    Your Halloween decor is awesome. I love your mantel it looks so great. So fun and spooky!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found you at Tuesdays Treasures! Your mantle IS spooky! I really like the blood on the taper candles...creepy. Please share this at Stylish Friday Finds this week! I'd really love my readers to see your mantle!
    http://www.astylishinterior.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The mantle turned out so wonderful, you did such a great job on the bloody candles and I love all the spooky and scary things to greet guests...Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your mantel...the mirror is fabulous! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tammy your Halloween mantel looks SPOOKTACULAR!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~