Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Kid Friendly Halloween Table

 

HALLOWEEN TABLE

 

Wow, it’s been awhile since I did a tablescape!  I’ve had other things going on and haven’t had time to play with my dishes!  Even though I’m heavily involved in getting ready for a Halloween party, I wanted to take a break and do a table with some cute salad plates I picked up last year on Hobby Lobby’s clearance aisle.

 

HALLOWEEN TABLE

 

Our local Dollar Tree had a few of these cute chair covers!  I thought they were perfect for the mood of this table!

 

HALLOWEEN TABLE

 

I have had these cute metal jack-o-lanterns for years.  I put one of a candlestick to elevate it a little.

 

HALLOWEEN - TRICK OR TREAT TABLE

 

The black plastic chargers have a Halloween design around the edge and are topped with orange Fiesta dinner plates.  The salad plates have a vintage look.

 

HALLOWEEN TABLE

 

Even though the blue plates have that Fiesta look, they are not.  I found them at Goodwill for 59 cents each and since I didn’t have any blue this color, I grabbed them up.  Ever since I painted the kitchen in the gray blue color, I’ve had visions of orange accents for the Fall!  To see more about the new color, click here.

 

HALLOWEEN TABLE

 

Flatware is Reed & Barton and the vintage goblets were a yard sale find.  Have I mentioned that I still haven’t found my groove, so to speak, when taking pictures in my brighter colored home?  Before I had trouble with too little light and now I have too much!

 

Sharing with:

Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style

Thrifty Things Friday @ The Thrifty Groove

Centerpiece Wednesday @ The Style Sisters

Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch to Yours

Let’s Dish @ Cuisine Kathleen

Tablescape Thursday @ Between Naps on the Porch

Seasonal Sundays @ The Tablescaper

Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll thru Life

20 comments:

  1. What a darling child friendly table setting! Really cute.

    I am your newest follower.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute Tammy! Love the plates so much, I bet the kids will have a blast dining here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your table! The plates are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the plates and all the bright colors. Photo looks great to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your table. The plates are adorable!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your halloween salad plates are so special--they are perfect for a kid friendly halloween table. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those plates...and am a big fan of blue and orange together.
    Have a wonderful week, Tammy...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, visiting from Treasure Hunt Thursday. Cute table and I love those plates!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those plates! The would match my ornaments this week. Great table thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all of this table, especially those cute salad plates. The jack-o-lanterns are great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Halloween plates are adorable! Perfect with the blue. Centerpiece pumpkins are really cute too, I know you are enjoying that wonderful dining nook!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have got to get moving on the Halloween decor - bought one white pumpkin and that's it. Love the chair cover!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You really scored with those vintage inspired plates, they're adorable! What a great little table setting :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are the cutest and prettiest Halloween plates that I have come across with. I just love them. I love your pumpkins too. Fabulous table!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm off to the Dollar Tree.
    Those vintage salad plates are so great. I wish I could find some for my daughter-in-law. Son and daughter-in-law just bought a 1929 fixer-upper. They would be fun to use in their new/old house.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was admiring your cute Halloween plates last night and was wishing I had bought some last year. Today I was in Hobby Lobby and they're selling them again this year. Yeah! Right now they're 40% off and I just got 4. But I'm going to keep checking back for when they're discounted more. Also found some orange plates at Dollar Tree and that go perfectly with them. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tammy...My granddaughter would love to come to your table..Blessings, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think you did a great job, Tammy! I just love those adorable little salad plates!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a darling tablescape - super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those plates are just adorable! What a great tablescape. Glad you took time out to play!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~