Thursday, October 3, 2013

Grain Sack Art

 

IMG_2709

 

I have a new piece of art for the mud room and it’s made from a grain sack!

 

IMG_2480

 

I love history, especially history that involves my home or family, and since my mom was born in Kosciusko, Mississippi, I knew I wanted this grain sack!  My first thought was to use it on the mudroom porch but I didn’t want it to mildew because it is in perfect condition.

 

IMG_2474 

 

After Hunter made me a frame, I trimmed the sack to fit, and stapled it to the frame.  I used a few upholstery tacks to dress it up a little.

 

IMG_2708

 

Do you surround yourself with meaningful items in your home?

 

Sharing with:

Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm

Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll thru Life

Open House @ No Minimalist Here

Tuesdays Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

The Scoop Link Party @ The Farmhouse Porch
Project Inspired @ Artsy Chicks Rule

Be Inspired Friday @ Common Ground

Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

Fabulously Creative Party @ Jennifer Rizzo

11 comments:

  1. Truly love this one Tammy!!!!!! Love how you added the tacks! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's great that you found this! You can keep it in the family. What a very neat idea to stretch it over a frame, I have a few special tea towels I'd love to do like that!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great find and I love what you did with this!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one and I didn't know what to do with it until now... thanks for the inspiration! I love the way you put the tacks on the front... it looks fantastic!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Susan! I actually planned to go all the way around with the tacks but the frame was a little smaller that I planned so to check from covering the design I only used them in the corners and middle.

      Delete
  5. This is awesome! Love your blog header.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love grain sacks, and when I find another I like, I'm going to copy your idea. The mudroom is a perfect place for a fun creation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this, what a fabulous idea. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! What a lovey unique piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that turned out amazing!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is always so wonderful to have family connections to things in your home. Love the framed grain sack especially with the town's name on it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~