Recently, my husband tried a new recipe that I wanted to share with you. The recipe is from the Froggy Bottom Cookbook, Louisiana Cuisine - from the hills to the bayous by Faye Crump Brydels and Donna Bolton Jenkins.
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp chopped onion
1 tbsp chopped celery
1 tbsp chopped green bell pepper
1 tbl flour
1 cup milk
4 tbsp bread crumbs
1/2 cup cooked crab meat
3/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp parsley
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 1/2 dozen large shrimp
1. Melt butter in skillet, saute onion, celery and green pepper using medium heat.
2. Stir in flour and milk, stirring constantly until thick.
3. Add bread crumbs, crabmeat, Worcestershire sauce, chopped parsley, salt and pepper.
4. Mix well.
5. Remove shell and vein from shrimp leaving tails on.
6. Slit back of shrimp, put two shrimp together with crab stuffing.
7. Hold together with toothpicks.
8. Chill in refrigerator until ready to cook.
9. Place shrimp in broiler pan, 5 inches from broiler unit.
10. Baste occasionally with butter.
11. Broil about 5 minutes on each side.
The only thing I would change is to add more seasoning. It was a little too bland for our taste.
Show Your Stuff @ Just Winging It
Foody Friday @ Designs by Gollum
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
On the Menu Monday @ StoneGable
Menu Plan Monday @ http://orgjunkie.com