Monday, October 8, 2012

Crawfish Etouffee

 

 

SAM_6069

 

I love crawfish etouffee!  Unfortunately, my husband only wants it in the cooler months which in Louisiana isn’t a lot!  The recipe that I’m sharing today is easy peasy, no fail crawfish etouffee.  I’ve been making it like this for about 15 years now.  My former employer gave me this recipe.

CRAWFISH ETOUFFEE

2# Crawfish Tails

1 can Rotel Tomatoes

2 cans Cream of Mushroom Soup

1 stick of margarine

1 small chopped onion

1 chopped bell pepper

Sauté the onions and bell peppers in the margarine until soft.  Add in the cream of mushroom soup and Rotel tomatoes.  Since I’m not a big tomato fan, I use the mini chopper on the Rotel tomatoes, chopping the tomatoes up a little more.  Bring this to a slow boil, then add the crawfish, juice and all.  Allow to simmer until heated though.  If you overcook it, the crawfish will get tough.  Serve over rice.  Makes 4-6 servings.

 

SAM_6070

 

That’s it!  I told you it was easy peasy!  Also,  I don’t add any seasonings because the Rotel has plenty in it!  Enjoy!

 

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Sharing with:

On the Menu Monday @ StoneGable

Foody Friday @ Designs by Gollum

Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

Full Plate Thursday @ Miz Helen's Country Cottage

4 comments:

  1. Hi Tammy: Your etouffee looks wonderful and sounds very easy to make--nice! My mom is originally from Mobile, so I grew up eating Southern recipes along with lots of Greek recipes. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog for a visit today--glad that you enjoyed my post and the vintage bar cart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tammy,
    We just love Crawfish Etouffee an your recipe looks awesome, I need to make this very soon. Hope you have a great week and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!
    Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. Hope you are having a great week and enjoy your new Red Plate.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~