Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Winter Mantel Makeover

In some recent pictures of my mantel, I realized how empty it looked which it usually does after the holidays.  I was inspired by other bloggers to do something about it.  I didn't really want to go with a lot of green because, let's face it, there's not really anything outside right now that is green.  The weather is Louisiana does not know what it wants to do right now.  The 70's just does not seem like the middle of winter. And so I was stumped.  What to do?

I saw this mantel at Pottery Barn that I really liked

and Barb over at Grits and Glamour had some great ideas.  I love Wilbur, the grapevine deer, that she has hanging over the mantel.

So I compiled a few things from my storage areas that I could use.  I loved the green mossy pieces that Barb used on her mantle and found some at the Dollar Tree.





Doesn't it look better?  I'm much more satisfied now!  Thanks Barb!  Thanks Pottery Barn! and all you other great bloggers!

I'm linking up with the Wow Us Wednesdays party over at Savvy Southern Style.  I hope you'll take the time to check out the great posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~