Sunday, August 18, 2013

Ballard Inspired Sea grass Chandelier Shades


Ballard Inspired seagrass chandelier shades
 
While updating the kitchen, I decided to add some shades to the chandelier above the breakfast area.  I love the sea grass shades from Ballard but just could not even contemplating spending 20 bucks apiece on them!  I mean, that’s more that what I made for the chandelier! 
 
Anyway, last year’s sea grass shade that I made turned out so great, I decided to use the same technique for these.  To see that post and the DYI instructions, click here.
 
IMG_2607
 
Instead of spending $100, I spent less that $5!  The shades were purchased on clearance at Lowes for 35 cents each and the 2 placemats I used were less than a dollar at a yard sale!
 
IMG_2611
 
I just love saving money, don’t you?  To see more of the updated breakfast area, click here.
 
Sharing with:
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll thru Life
Open House @ No Minimalist Here
Tuesdays Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
The Scoop Link Party @ The Farmhouse Porch
Project Inspired @ Artsy Chicks Rule
Be Inspired Friday @ Common Ground
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Fabulously Creative Party @ Jennifer Rizzo
Tweak it Tuesday @ Cozy Little House
Tips, Tutorials, & Tidbits @ StoneGable
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch to Yours
Share Your Creativity @ It's Overflowing
Seasonal Sunday @ The Tablescaper
The Sunday Showcase Party @ By Stephanie Lynn

18 comments:

  1. What a great idea-they look amazing! :)
    Suasn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your shades! Sucha great idea! I did something similar to glass hurricanes but have yet to do it with the chaddy shades. Yours look like the real deal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your wall color and all the pretty plates...beautiful nook!!!! Christine from Little Brags

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Lucky find and perfect for your breakfast nook Tammy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing frugal ideas like this! I simply cannot believe what those little shades cost! I've certainly looked around. But after saving hundreds of dollars thrifting you could look at it as a well deserved splurge, I suppose. I just haven't been able to make myself do it yet! Haha! So nice that you stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great, and, you can't beat the price.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the same shades, brought them from Lowes and had them for about 5 years. I love them, the other shades were just to heavy all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by my blog. I showed my husband your kitchen corner and that is what I have wanted for years.

      Delete
  8. Tammy, you are awesome! Your mind never stops for a second! I'm loving those shades you made out of 2 placemats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what a great project! I love Ballard Design but they are pricey, nice redo. Have great week, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. BRILLIANT!!

    Enjoyed your original tutorial too = love love love the "look for less!"

    Very well done. Thanks for sharing!

    Love your eat in kitchen nook area, it's AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Tammy, it's nice to meet you! I found your blog through Cozy Little House. Your breakfast nook is so pretty. Love the sea grass shades...and your plate wall, as well! I can't wait to look through the rest of your blog to get to know you better. Hope you come over to my blog and visit me, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This gives me a great idea for a lamp shade I need! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the shades, what a fabulous idea. Thanks for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those shades turned out wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Saw your feature at Savvy Southern Style! Congrats and I love your shades makeover. Hopping over to check out the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous idea! I love saving money! You've been featured a lot with this great money saving and gorgeous tip!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~