Sunday, November 18, 2012

Christmas Village on a Platter


A Walk in the Countryside: Dollar Tree Christmas Village
 
It’s Christmas time, pretty baby…!  I just love Christmas!  This year I asked my mom to host Thanksgiving so I can get a jumpstart on all the Christmas décor.  We starting pulling out boxes and boxes and boxes of decorations!  Something new that I decided to do this year was a little Christmas village.
 
A Walk in the Countryside: $ Tree Christmas Village
 
In year’s past, I haven’t had any place to put one but I saw one on Pinterest using a silver tray.  So off to the Dollar Tree I went!  Oh, if you want to check out my Pinterest Christmas board which includes the inspiration for this project, click here.
 
A Walk in the Countryside: $ Tree Christmas Village
 
I picked up all the figurines, buildings and small trees there.  I did get one slighter larger tree at Wal-Mart for $2.  The snow was purchased after Christmas last year for 25 cents.
 
A Walk in the Countryside: $ Tree Christmas Village
 
I used a couple of cloches and the largest silver tray I had….I really wished it was a little bigger.
 
A Walk in the Countryside: $ Tree Christmas Village
 
I just loved how it looks!  It’s been years since I had a little village!  Do you have your own village?  If so, how do you display it?
 
Thanks for stopping by:
 
Sharing with:
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Newbie Party with a Twist @ Debbie Doos
Masterpiece Monday @ Boogieboard Cottage
Christmas Decorating on a Budget @ Creative Cain Cottage
Tuesdays Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Cowgirl Up @ Cedar Hill Ranch
Open House Party @ No Minimalist Here
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Dollar Store Decorating Party @ The Graphics Fairy DIY

13 comments:

  1. I love your blog and decorating ideas. This is absolutely adorable!
    From one "Tammi" to another~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tray and cloche village vignettes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks beautiful displayed on the tray. I have a mini village for the first time this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do have a village but I haven't put it up in years! I love love the way this looks Tammy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is darling! I love your vignette it looks magical:) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great and so beautiful. I love it and so creative.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how you used your platter and cloche for displaying your little village. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How darling is that?? I just love anything under glass, it just makes you look and study how delicate everything is. Great budget decorating and thanks for linking up to my party! Hope to see you next week:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know I am thrilled you shared this with the party. Very inspiring indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love this idea! Beautiful vignette!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice. I love your little village.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so beautiful! I may steal tis idea next year:) W just moved 2 months ago but in the other house, we had a WHOLE room devoted to trains and our village pieces. IT WAS MAGICAL. I wll lok for my link and share it wit you. XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here is the link:http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=1900268287950047453#editor/target=post;postID=9150594518448455199

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~