Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Trash or Treasure?


vintage radio
 
Last week Hunter helped his great uncle clean out a storage room on the old dairy barn.  This is a big thrill for him!  I snapped a few pics of his first load including the old Bakelite radio you see above.  Hunter and I both have a love of old radios and fans.
 
vintage fans
 
Like these two here!  The large fan, made by Hunter, works great but the smaller one was not working….yet.  He found quite a few old chicken feeders.  I don’t know what his plans are for those!
 
chicken cage
 
I love the old chicken cage!  They were selling at the local auction last month for about $100 each!  I started to bid and he told me there were several in the barn!  Saved me some money, even though I don’t know what I’m going to do with it!
 
vintage wood planes
 
He opened this butter cookie tin and found two old wood planes!  He plans to keep these for himself!
 
trash or treasure?
 
As I said this is his first load!  I didn’t get any pics of the other loads but he ended up with several old farmhouse tables and quite a few stools!  He also got me an iron base from an old wood stove!  I just know that there has to be something fabulous that I can do with that! Do you have any ideas?
 
Sharing with:
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll thru Life
Open House @ No Minimalist Here
Tuesdays Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
The Scoop Link Party @ The Farmhouse Porch
Tuesdays at Our Home @ Our Home Away From Home
Show Me What Ya Got @ Not JUST A Housewife
Project Inspired @ Artsy Chicks Rule
Be Inspired Friday @ Common Ground
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Fabulously Creative Party @ Jennifer Rizzo
Tweak it Tuesday @ Cozy Little House
Tips, Tutorials, & Tidbits @ StoneGable
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch to Yours
Share Your Creativity @ It's Overflowing
Seasonal Sunday @ The Tablescaper
The Sunday Showcase Party @ By Stephanie Lynn

16 comments:

  1. All treasures in my book, no trash there! As for the base of the wood stove, would it work topped with a great piece of wood (barn wood maybe?) and turned into a coffee table? Just a thought, what fun you will have! Still going through what I got from my Dad's shop, maybe we should compare ideas? Love the chicken cage, have wanted one, but can't find one! You really lucked out with that one!! Can't wait to see what you do with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did think of a coffee table. It would be the perfect base for one! Thanks for the idea!

      Delete
  2. Lucky you! TREASURES for sure! that chicken cage is perfect for a coffeetable - outside or in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chicken cage would be perfect for a coffee table but it really doesn't go with my house! I'll have to try to think of something else. If not, I could always make it into a coffee table and sell it in my booth!

      Delete
  3. That is definitely treasure city. Love the chickens cages. As for the iron base, I have one with a marble slab across it for a garden bench. Lucky, lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGoodness Tammy, I am in treasure heaven looking at the back of that pick-up truck! I can't wait to follow along to see what you do with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tammy it sounds like you hit treasure heaven! Love everything you found! Wow! Thanks for joining TTF this week.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you see a green glow? That's me!! :) Gotta love that truck filled treasure trove. How about sliding some boards between the dowels in the cage to make shelves?
    Love your blog...so glad I found it,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, such a wonderful haul...love helping family clean out what THEY think is junk!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eeeeeeeek! That is my kind of trash:-) The possibilities are endless.

    Have fun!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely TREASURE!! You lucky girl, wish those fans were mine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have landed some real treasures for sure!! Nice to know they are finding a good home and no longer stuck in a barn.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness it looks like you hit a real treasure trove. Did you have any idea that such things were in the barn?

    ReplyDelete
  12. How FUN!!! I'd think that stove base would be pretty in a garden either as is or painted a bright color.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great finds! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~