Thursday, August 22, 2013

Summer Table

 

summer table

 

I was going to start off by saying that I wanted to show off my new seafood plates from World Market when I realized that this is the first time that I’ve used any of the anything on this table, except for the vase!

 

summer table

 

The rattan chargers and the blue plates are both from GW.  My favorite here is the salad plates! I saw them online at World Market and they were marked down 1/2 half and since I was making a trip to the city, I dropped in the store.  They had 5 left with one having a chip but there was no sale sign.  I went to a sales clerk who scanned them and they WERE half off, and I had a coupon!  I love the bright red with the sea coral engraved in the white! 

 

summer table

 

That’s why I chose to use the PB coral in the centerpiece.

 

red flatware from JCP

 

The red flatware is from JCP.

 

vintage goblets and PB napkins

 

The vintage goblets were from a yard sale.  The napkins are from PB.

 

crab plates from World Market

 

Two lobster, or for us Louisiana natives, crawfish plates and two crab plates!

 

Summer table

 

Here’s an update on the breakfast are.  I ordered another blue button pillow from PB.  Now the pillows are balanced.  Next are the cushions.  I’m not liking the loose fit, I think I’m going to try some thicker fitter cushions.  What to do you think?

 

Sharing with:

Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style

Thrifty Things Friday @ The Thrifty Groove

Centerpiece Wednesday @ The Style Sisters

Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch to Yours

Let’s Dish @ Cuisine Kathleen

Tablescape Thursday @ Between Naps on the Porch

Seasonal Sundays @ The Tablescaper

Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll thru Life

16 comments:

  1. I loved how you linked all the pieces together, either by color or by the figural nature -- the coral is a good example of this. I also like how the soft blues connect between the cushions, napkins, and the dishes. Lovely table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - great plates and how lucky to have gotten them on sale!! Love the way you mixed the red, white and blue - such a great combination and so nautical. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tammy, Your new plates are great! I think they would be so much fun to use for a seafood dinner. Enjoy! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks great Tammy! I love your table setting. the big cushions look comfy and inviting...have a great week. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE those plates! I'm going to try to visit my World Market and see if they have any left too. They are cute!!!! You have great finds on this table...wow! Love that coral too!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Sharlotte

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE those plates! I'm going to try to visit my World Market and see if they have any left too. They are cute!!!! You have great finds on this table...wow! Love that coral too!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Sharlotte

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the salad plates!!!! Perfect table!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great spot! luv the red flatware touch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your breakfast nook is already a darling Tammy, but I trust your decision on the upcoming updates! Love your plates too - simple but soo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty table scape Tammy! Love those plates!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tammy, I love this setting! Love your fabulous salad plates and what an awesome deal you got! The coral is so perfect for your centerpiece! I need to remember to call them crawfish plates. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute tablescape! I think the cushions look just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lobster lobster, it love anything that has to do with lobster, love those plates so much, the table looks great...Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute plates! I can't believe I missed those! You will have lots of fun with those red lobsters and crabs! Cute napkins and of course your great table looks good dressed up in anything!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the lobster plates, how fun are they and what a lovely tablescape. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~