Monday, April 15, 2013

Thrifty Mat Cutter

 

mat cutter

 

A couple of months back, I purchased this compact mat cutter from Goodwill for $7.99.  We are just now getting around to using it!  I say “we” because Hunter actually made the mats for me.  I just told him what I wanted and he went to town!

In keeping with my Louisiana coastal style that I shared with you last week, I started surfing the internet for an oyster print.  I found all kinds, at all prices!  In the end, I went with Zazzle.  I have ordered from them quite a lot for invitations and business cards and was always very satisfied.

 

oyster print

 

I also found this crab print as well.

 

cutting frame mats for crab print

 

Both prints costs about $35.  I purchased the mat from Hobby Lobby using the 40% coupon, which left the final price about $5!  I’m not sure about the color though.  What do you think?  Should I stick with the white maps or paint them?  In the past I have painted mats and couldn’t tell the difference!

 

louisiana oyster print

 

I will be painting these mats.  I picked up the small prints at the local antique store for a couple of dollars.

 

louisiana yam print

 

Hopefully, this week, Hunter will get the frames made and I’ll make a trip to the glass store!  If you would like to purchase a mat cutter, check out the mat cutter from Amazon in the sidebar.

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Sharing with:

Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch

Make it Pretty @ The Dedicated House

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Open House @ No Minimalist Here

Tuesdays Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

The Scoop Link Party @ The Farmhouse Porch
Tuesdays at Our Home @ Our Home Away From Home
Show Me What Ya Got @ Not JUST A Housewife

Be Inspired Friday @ Common Ground

Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

Fabulously Creative Party @ Jennifer Rizzo

Tweak it Tuesday @ Cozy Little House

Tips, Tutorials, & Tidbits @ StoneGable

Spring Party @ DIY by Design

Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style

5 comments:

  1. What a neat thing to find and use. It might even be worth it to pay full price for a mat cutter. Love the prints you've chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an amazing tool. I have paid to have mats cut MANY times; didn't now there was such a thing as an at-home mat cutter! I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great find and I love your prints! I'm going to have to go visit Zazzle! So happy you've enjoyed the historic home tours...I love them too!
    Would love for you to come share at Amaze Me Monday!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous find!! You did good!! Love all the prints, and your header is so pretty. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the prints, they will look really nice in the room. Great find on the matte cutter, I will have to look for one of those. I like Zazzle too.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! I try to return the favor and visit each one of you! ~Blessings, Tammy~